PDA

View Full Version : Market Outlook ,is it time to Correct?

HarryAloof
07-17-2014,
Fridays for me are spend going through hundreds of charts and during this research session I try to keep a close eye on the markets and take any trades that might be setting up for next week. Well what a day to be on the other side of the mic! The Nasdaq just got pummeled down over 100 points and the Dow and S&P also put in some negative candles.

Going into this morning I thought there was a good chance to sell the news (Jobs Report) and the market did just that. The markets did sell, and did it in a way that leads me to believe we have some more downside. Here are some important keys to today's action.

1. The $SPX (S&P) traded higher then yesterdays highs which is also a new all time high, then closed lower then yesterdays low making the candle a bearish outside (engulfing pattern)

2. The Engulfing pattern happened when we were overbought on the daily..This is the criteria I use for a true reversal I want to have a overbought or oversold reading when the candle is formed.

3. Volume was higher on this then the previous 3 days.

4. The key takeaway here is the crossover on the daily stochastics and the the large area underneath us that can be tested and still keep this market technically sound.

On a positive note for Monday we got oversold quickly on the 60 min time frame based on the stochastics oscillator and this has been a very reliable signal for a short term move up.

So that's the outlook for early next week, Looking for very short term recovery possibly into Tuesday and then watch how far we get on any bounce and look for that failure that should lead to some further downside.

1800 on the S&P is definitely a possibility down the road.

I put out a early watch list during the day and a more focused watch list of some scalps I will be taking early in the week both . I go back over some key charts in both video's so you might have some duplicate info if time is an issue then watch the second one down on the page.

One last note:

The hardest thing to do is call a top ..even though this look like a great combination of bearish signals this market has proven the bears wrong time and time again when it comes to calling a correction (7%-10%)

DaveLandry
07-17-2014,
Thanks for the deep and broad discussion on trading stock pairs. This is really very informative.