PDA

View Full Version : Best way to find info on Biotech/Pharma catalysts - trading strategy

HarryAloof
07-16-2014,
Hello,

does anyone trades by following the process of FDA approval of particular drugs or medical treatment? If so, where do you guys find the information on those catalysts? Any good websites? thanks

DaveLandry
07-16-2014,
All the information I need is the implied volatility and expected move. Then I take money I don't mind losing, pick a direction and hang on like a badger through all the shakeouts until I get what I need or my position expires.

Anybody that thinks they can read all the info out there and find something that isn't already priced into the stock is full of it....I'll fade them anytime. Don't think for a minute that someone is going to wring out some tidbit of information or analysis that some team on a billion dollar hedge fund somehow managed to miss. It doesn't exist. However if you just need some kind of "due diligence" or some "expert opinion" that gives you the balls to hang on like a badger then have at it....Seeking Alpha or some such is always looking for new subscribers.

But that's just my opinion.

SwingKong01
07-16-2014,
I know there are some guys *looks at Arch* who do trade based on what action they expect the FDA to take (on a certain day, in relation to a certain drug), but I don't know where they get their info because I've never asked them.