PDA

View Full Version : Beginners corner

SwingKong01
07-10-2014,
Hello,

I have realized that the world of trading is quite amazing, for those successful ofcourse! At the moment i have about $5000 that i can start trading with. I would like to have solid advice from people that started out just like me. What would be the best approach and what is the best to start trading stocks, obligations, forex etc? Do i need more capital to start with?

I have realized that managing the risk is out of great importance and i'm very humble about this. That leads me to another question, with the small amounts that you can trade with, with a small deposit like mine, it feels like the commissions and fees will eat you up. The brokers are stating that they dont charge anything if you trade forex, is that a good angle to begin with?

An online trading room sounds great but i always see these businesses with a lot of doubt, im sure there are plenty out there that is legit so it would be nice to hear something about this part aswell from someone.

Thank you all in advance for your advice!

mando01
07-10-2014,
Tastytrade.com has a whole bunch of archived videos for everyone from beginners to advanced trading strategies. You might check out the tastybite archived series they have which deal with account sizes between 2500-25000. It's all free. And setting up a TDAmeritrade account through their other website dough.com will get your fees reduced substantially. TDA also has many archived seminars that are free and can be very helpful. And allows you access to the Thinkorswim trading platform which allows you to test your strategies with a paper trading account that is as about as real as it gets.