PDA

View Full Version : US Intermediate term market timer portfolio

HarryAloof
07-10-2014,
This portfolio follows the line of the previous portfolio ?US Stock Market Portfolio? that I had in the forum from 12 March 2013 to 31 January 2014, which rose 15,52% while the S&P 500 rose 14,55% during the same period.
A brief note about the previous portfolio: I didn?t trade and I had no open positions from 25 October 2013 to 31 January 2014.

My goal is to try to answer as best as possible to what the market is doing in the Intermediate term and act accordingly (I am talking about a trend following discipline) with stocks and 3x Leveraged ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds/Indexes), and obviously make money with it.
A viable alternative with less risk is to use ETFs or 2x Leveraged ETFs.

A few notes about the portfolio: The first and most important note is that all the orders (open/close/stop loss orders) are communicated in the forum before being executed ? not after.
The second note and the second most important note is that all the orders are executed at the closing price (last available price), except in the case of stop loss orders.
These two notes makes possible to replicate orders and check later. A similar method is used for subscription-based services monitor by Timer Digest.
The third note is that I will put the starting date of 12 February and in principle I'm going to have the portfolio until 31 December. This is the plan, but it might change.
The fourth note is that I have this portfolio in other countries forums at the same time.
The fifth and final note is that you can also suggest stocks which you may consider a good opportunity or stocks that are rising a lot and in a consistent manner.

To contact me via email john.jprd@gmail.com

HarryAloof
07-10-2014,
In a few days, I'll make some analysis and I will write what I think about the direction that market will follow, and then I will start trading.

HarryAloof
07-10-2014,
Some notes of the model portfolio:

The initial value is 55 000 USD.
The brokerage cost of an order is 5 USD.

Some notes on the investments to be made in the portfolios:

The intermediate-term investments are thought to have a time horizon of two weeks to three months and the long-term investments are thought to have a time horizon of three months to a year.

Generally, the long-term investments will have a time horizon longer than the intermediate-term investments, but sometimes the investments will coincide in the two portfolios with different quantities.
I will risk more in the US Intermediate term market timer portfolio than in the US Long-term market timer portfolio.

For example, the US Intermediate-term market timer portfolio will have more exposure to short positions than the US Long-term market timer portfolio.