PDA

View Full Version : New to stocks - Got some technical questions

likesmoney
01-16-2014,
Hey guys, I come humbly before you as a newborn baby to trading. I'm doing research right now to figure whats going on and I had a couple technical questions.

*Is there an app or an automated way to be updated on stock prices to the second? To automatically buy/sell a stock once it reaches a certain price. If so, how would differ from limit orders?

I've been reading about market order and limit orders+bidding. Correct me if I'm wrong, but with a market order you can buy/sell instantly at the price you see and on limit order+bidding there is some kind of "people's market" where you have to haggle/wait for someone to buy.

*Are all companies open to the instant buy/sell process of market orders. If not how can I tell?

*I've signed up for tradeking which offers a trade commission of $4.95. I've noticed that there is another company coming up that offers $0 trade commission called "Robinhood". Unfortunately it's not available yet to me yet, but is there another company out there that offers that kind of trade commission?

That pretty much sums it up. Thanks!