PDA

View Full Version : How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
"How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy"

Free Webinar Recorded on Tuesday, December 3rd at 8:00 PM EST (New York Time)

In this free online class John Carter will share with you:

A Powerful Simple Strategy for Trading Options on ETFs
The SAFE Levels to Take Risk
The Very Best ETFs to use
Which ETFs You Have to Avoid Like the Plague
And much more...

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
There are 9 reasons why you SHOULD trade options on ETFs...and they're in this video...

9 Reasons to trade Options on ETFs

You'll learn from John Carter...

Why ETFs are his BEST Instrument for Options Trading
How he wires 34k from his Trading, to his Personal Account
Why ETF Options are untouchable by Market Makers
And a LOT more...

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Proof that 'account size doesn't matter' is often very hard to find. People say it doesn't matter...but can't prove it.

This video PROVES it

Legendary trader John Carter had a pretty good day recently... where he recorded live his 223k trading day! This was recorded in his REAL money accounts...

97k on Apple
93k on Google
104k on Priceline

AND YOU CAN WATCH IT HERE

John will show you exactly how he traded the above trades, what he did right, what he did wrong, and what YOU can do to trade like this. And he points out what a 'small account' really is and how the overall goal is to have an income source by growing it to big account!

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Just Released: 50 top movers in 2013

MarketClub.com has been in the business of trend following for decades, and they are happy to announce that you can take a look at Today's Top 50 Trending Stocks now...for free! This dynamic report is a list of market movers that can make a difference in your portfolio for 2013.

It costs you nothing, and it could be the game changer you have been looking for.

It's time you started trading like the smart money, get started today for free!

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
See how your picks stack up against other posters - join our weekly stock picking contest. Your win will be registered under your username and everyone will know about your stock picking talents.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
This Thursday night at 8pm Eastern time our friends at Investing Systems are putting on a great event called 5 Strategies Every Investor & Trader Should Know.

These guys have been in the financial software business for 13 years and have customers in more than 70 countries.

They offer a variety of software and services and I think you should check out this Totally Free event.

Here is what they sent me about this event:

Our webinar this Thursday will focus on 5 of the best strategies we have seen and used over the years and it is high time that more people found out about them.

Here are the details about what we will present Thursday night:

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Ball Corp (BLL) for Mar 19, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Ball Corp (BLL), which showed up on Friday's Barchart "All Time High" list. Ball on Friday posted a new all-time high of $41.39 and closed up 1.87%. TrendSpotter took a profit on a long position on March 6 and then turned long again on March 13 at $40.38. In recent news on the stock, RM Baird on March 16 reiterated its Outperform rating on Ball and raised its target to $47 from $45 citing improved sales due to warmer weather and an increase in customer promotional activity. Ball Corp, with a market cap of $6 billion, is a manufacturer of metal and plastic packaging, primarily for beverages and foods, and a supplier of aerospace and other technologies and services to commercial and governmental customers.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
March 19, 2012 - Sprint Nextel (S)

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Random Thoughts

The Ps ended slightly in the plus column. This action keeps them at multi-year highs. The Nasdaq ended slightly in the minus column. This action has it just shy of decade plus highs.

So far, the Ps & Quack still appear to be rallying out of their recent Persistent Pullback. So, so far, so good.

Most sectors, like the market, remain in solid uptrends. Some of the stronger areas stayed strong on Friday in spite of a weak market.

So what do we do?

With a flat day, nothing has changed, since the market is at/near new highs, there aren't many meaningful pullbacks setting up. So, continue to look to take partial profits as offered, trail your stops, and honor them just in case. Then, on the next pullback, look to reload.

It sounds simple doesn't it? Well, as long as the market continues to trend, our jobs as trend followers is easy.

Futures are soft pre-market.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Bonds market finished the worst week since July 2011 right before the debt ceiling due; treasury sold off across the curve, the intermediate-term yields jumped over 20bps for the week as the market continued to show better-than-expected economic data. Where initial claims (351k vs. 355k est.) remained at its downtrend position and retail sales ex-autos (0.9% vs. 0.7% est.) continued to strengthen in February. Stocks rallied strongly as funds were out flowing from the fixed income side; equities' volume traded above average, first time since early January, for four consecutive sessions this week. Investors are focusing on the housing data next week which is another major economic recovery indicator.

Technical Highlights:
? Bonds slumped, stocks rallied; equities' volume strengthened as fixed income weakened.
? Equity benchmarks and their internal showed negative divergence as the percentage of stocks above 50day moving average weakened.
? Financial led market rally, offensive stocks outperformed S&P500.
? Materials and energy stocks showed strength based on historical forward returns.
? Treasury yield curve took off led by the intermediate-term rates; however, the longer term bonds may find support as rates are trading at their 200days moving average.

read more at...

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Want to get some feedback from any options players in the forum.

Have you ever used the covered call to offset any down move in the stock you are holding? I have heard that using covered calls is best when you are expecting an intermediate move up. But I have not tried it myself, any tips?

Have you had any experience using the collar strategy?

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
The dollar printed a daily cycle peak on Thursday, day 11.
Friday saw the dollar form a swing high and broke the daily cycle trend line.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
This is probably one of the best acting stocks in the momentum. She's extended but no one seems to care. So, I'll be watching her carefully for any possible opportunities. The stock has two immediate support levels. One is at 13 and the next is at 12.43. Only a close below the 200-day moving average with volume, will change the trend.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Breaking out of a well-defined base on decent volume. Note $5.50 was resistance, now support. The MACD is still above the technical signal line. Also, the ADX chart has given some strength to this movement. Watch for follow-through next week.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
The stock broke out to new highs on Friday on 3x the daily avg. volume. There are some reasons to start taking an active look at this stock. The breakout has occured on strong volumes, an indication of some strength in the stock. The MACD and Stochastics are also on a strong positive zone. In addition, the OBV chart is showing some strong buy in this stock. However, for the stock to move from this level would be difficult as the RSI indicator is in the 70s. So there is a strong possibility here of the stock to correct back to probably 14.02 before moving higher again. Yesterday's movement was something that I have been waiting to see from this stock. I would wait for a pullback unless there is some strong buying happening in this segment. The stock has two immediate support levels. One is at 14.28 and the next is at 14.00-14.02.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
http://www.marketshorter.com/index.p...news&Itemid=92

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
March 16, 2012 - Peabody Energy (BTU)

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Another day, another dollar. Or should I say another week, another stock market rally. The S&P 500 finished the week +2.39% mainly due to large gains on Wednesday after FOMC minutes and positive news from bank stress tests. Overall the economy seems to be humming along ok and investors and feeling confident.

Market indices are back to overbought levels already although we?ve seen over the last 2-3 months that doesn?t mean much. You can see below that the Option Buyers Sentiment Gauge is well below bullish extremes as is the McClellan Oscillator. If anything, they are both looking decidedly neutral. With my trading style, I find it hard to chase markets that are this overbought, but for any bulls out there I think selling some OTM April Bull Put spreads on SPX would make sense here. There is strong support at 1300 and 1275 so something like the 1260-1270 spread might make sense, but with volatility so low, decent premiums are going to be hard to come by getting filled may be difficult.

AAPL provided plenty of highlights again this week. Traders came in and took profit at bang on $600 (well $600.01 to be exact) on Thursday. Implied volatility is up to 38% so it could be a good time to look at an Iron Condor.

Volatility is at a 52 week low below 15, it may stay there for a while, but one thing I can guarantee is that it will rear its head again at some point in 2012. We will be waiting.

Visit Options Trading IQ for your Free 30 Day Trial of IQ Trade Alerts

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quick Navigation Stock picks and trading strategies Top
? Previous Thread | Next Thread ?

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Just bought 40 BAC Puts about a 2200 trade im holding into stress test results.

Strike is 9.

Probably selling tomorrow early.

-Redstripe.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Random Thoughts

The market resumed its rally out of a Persistent Pullback pattern. This action has it at multi-year highs--decade highs for the quack!

The strong such as Banks and Retail stayed strong on Thursday. What's even more impressive is the fact that other areas such as Trucking began to accelerate higher.

Most sectors, like the market, remain in solid uptrends.

So what do we do?

Well, as you know, I've been applying my doctorate in trend following moron trading to this market for quite some time. Therefore, if you're like me and just follow the markets because you're not smart enough to predict them, you too have been long for a while.

Since the market is at new highs,there aren't many meaningful pullbacks setting up. So, use this rally as an opportunity to take partial profits and trail stops. Then, on the next pullback, look to reload. Easy huh? Well, it is--as long as the market is trending.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Just wondering what anyone here thinks of gold and gold related stocks at this point in time?

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Speaking of Cramer's wonderful advice about the Demandware IPO this am:

Take Demandware, for example, which will go public later this week and trade under the ticker symbol DWRE. Demandware makes cloud-based software that helps companies design and maintain their own e-commerce websites. E-commerce was a $316 billion business in 2010, Cramer said. It could swell to a $653 billion business worldwide, though, by 2015. The total market for cloud enabled e-commerce platform services is expanding with a remarkable 21.3 percent compound annual growth rate. It is estimated to grow from a $4.3 billion business in 2010 to $11.3 billion by 2015. Cramer likes Demandware has a subscription-based business model, too, because the subscriptions allow for a continual stream of revenue.So how much should investors be willing to pay for Demandware?
?I want you in this deal when it prices on Wednesday night, provided it prices at below $15 a share,? Cramer said. ?Anything more than that and there might not be enough juice to merit buying, even if the company's as terrific as we think it is.?

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Thumbs up Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

March 15, 2012 - Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY)

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Random Thoughts

After all was said and done, a lot more was said than done. The Ps and Quack ended up flat for the day.

Sometimes you get a shoulder shrug "pause" type day after a big up day. So, don't read too much into this. As I said in the MIM, even God took a day off.

So what do we do? Nothing has changed. With the market hovering near new highs, there are no setups for a pullback based methodology. Manage what you have, take partial profits as offered, trail your stops higher, and honor your stops just in case.

Sit tight and relax. If this market keeps on keeping on--and if you are a trend follower, that's what you are trained to believe--then there will be plenty of opportunities along the way.

Futures are firm pre-market.

I'm chilling the Dew now. Call in sick. I have a feeling that we're going to have a good show today.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
The precious metals are taking another hard hit today as money is flowing out. Not only is the Dollar stronger but the risk on trade is all the rage. The PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish (NYSEARCA:UUP) is trading at $22.41, +0.11 (+0.49%). When traders and investors feel the economy is on the right path, there is no need to hold gold for safety. The recent collapse in the price of gold speaks to this. Today, the SPDR Gold Trust (ETF) (NYSEARCA:GLD) is trading at $159.63, -2.50 (-1.54%).

As Wall Street feels the markets are safe, smart traders are getting nervous. Usually, when so many bulls are feeding at the hype trough, it is time to go into cash or short. Time will tell but this trader is now eyeing the downside.

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,

Default $SONS - stock on my watchlist

SONS is approaching the trendline, waiting to buy it if it drops further and set my stop loss below the trend line.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Read one book per month

There really is so much to learn when it comes to options and you need to be an avid reader and learn as much as you can. One thing I aimed to do when I was starting out was read one book per month. You could also aim to read a couple of educational articles on the web each day as well. Sites like Seeking Alpha and Stock Twits are great and of course Options Trading IQ as well!

Have realistic expectations

One problem for many beginners is they get sucked in by the big numbers some people are promising. The reality is, you will likely struggle for the first couple of years with very inconsistent returns. Trading is hard work! It takes lots of discipline, knowledge, planning and a good system.

Learn about stocks first

In order to become a successful option trader, you need to learn about stocks first. You need to understand the various factors that move a stocks price such as earnings announcements, GDP releases and other economic factors. It is vitally important to learn how different stocks perform in different market environments before you can start successfully trading option

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Lightbulb Dave Landry's Market in a Minute - Wednesday, 3/14/12

Random Thoughts

Coming into Tuesday, I was a little worried about the stalling action in the indices. Well, it looks like that energy was wasted. Bam! The indices broke out nicely to new multi-year highs, continuing their rally out of a Persistent Pullback pattern.

So what do we do? Since the methodology requires a pullback and we just had one, you should be long by now. Therefore, use this rally as a chance to take partial profits and trail your stops higher as offered. Then, look to establish new positions (or add back to existing ones--see webcasts) on the next pullback.

Jeez, Dave, you make it sound so easy! Well, it isn't easy but it's not nearly as hard as many try to make it.

Futures are flat pre-market.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Random Thoughts

I'm a little concerned that the indices are stalling near their recent highs. Ideally, I'd like to see them break out decisively and not look back for a while. As you would expect, some sectors and individual issues are also stalling short of their prior highs.

It's not the end of the world though. The indices, most sectors, and most stocks still remain in solid intermediate-term uptrends. I'd just like to see some acceleration higher.

So what do we do? I'm not seeing many setups. This makes since for a pullback based methodology. Therefore, sit tight and let things shake out. Manage existing positions. Take partial profits as offered and honor your stops just in case.

On a solid breakout, we should see plenty of new setups soon.

Futures are firm pre-market.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,

And much more...

Don't miss this free trading education from a real pro!

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
There are 9 reasons why you SHOULD trade options on ETFs...and they're in this video...

And a LOT more...

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Proof that 'account size doesn't matter' is often very hard to find. People say it doesn't matter...but can't prove it.

This video PROVES it

Legendary trader John Carter had a pretty good day recently... where he recorded live his 223k trading day! This was recorded in his REAL money accounts...

97k on Apple
93k on Google
104k on Priceline

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,

MarketClub.com has been in the business of trend following for decades, and they are happy to announce that you can take a look at Today's Top 50 Trending Stocks now...for free! This dynamic report is a list of market movers that can make a difference in your portfolio for 2013.

It costs you nothing, and it could be the game changer you have been looking for.

Just go here to access your list of top 50 trending stocks!

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
See how your picks stack up against other posters - join our weekly stock picking contest. Your win will be registered under your username and everyone will know about your stock picking talents.

Just go here to read the rules and post your pick.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
For the medium term

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
I wanted to share with you a nice trade I made today on TZYM, this stock is an example of a best-case scenario gap down play. Before market open my scans showed large activity on TZYM, I mentioned it as a possible play in chat.

At market open there was a confirmation of large volume and very clean upward trend. I was filled at 1.86 and watched the stock consolidate at 2, then rip all the way up to 2.9, consolidate some more and rip to 3.1. I held on until I eventually sold at 2.94 for a return of 59%. Overall it was a good day

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Hello.

What is the difference between VOW.de and VLKAY.pk? The first is traded in europe, and the other in the US - but why is there such a big difference in price? Is the last one VW's American department or what?

Thank you.

Peter Jansen.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Stocks edged higher after Tuesday's sharp decline, the S&P500 closed slightly higher for the week while the Russell 2000 bounded strongly. Employment data buoy optimistic economic trend, whereas nonfarm payrolls came in strong with 227k jobs created (vs. 213k est.) in February, meantime January's revision marked the highest record since May 2010 from 243k to 284k. Bonds faced pressure on outstanding economic data, the entire yield curve lifted upward and the short-term rates rallied the most last week; the 2-year treasury yield rose significantly higher after breaking above its 200day moving average. Next week, investors are focusing on retail sales, CPI and the FOMC announcement as high oil price becomes the next concern to slow economic growth.

Technical Highlights:
? Small cap stocks led market rebound; bonds turned lower as yield curve lifted by optimistic economic data.
? Stocks' internal showed healthy sign as the percentage of stock above its 50days moving average rallied strong followed by the shape decline.
? Defensive stocks strengthened as stock market suffered from 200pts decline on the Dow; the market neutral group continued to underperform second week in the roll.
? Historical returns continued to show upside bias forward looking; volatility remained the key for trading.
? 2yr treasury yield rose significantly after breaking above its 200day moving average; the negative correction suggested that the long-term rates will strengthen lead by the short-term rates.

read more at...
http://plus.alpbeta.com/report/201210.pdf

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Nice bull flag break w/volume 2x above avg, like the MACD trend, RSI trending higher. I twitted this one on Friday.

Name: sc.jpg Views: 153 Size: 110.5 KB

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
I guess it was coming. It might be heading to 60.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
aaaasssccdc

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
The current daily cycle for the dollar should eclipse the previous daily cycle?s high, as well.

Friday was day 7 for the dollar.
The dollar rebounded strongly after the two-day swoon.
The dollar printed a new daily cycle high and came with in 0.07 of breaking above the previous daily cycle high.

The 2 day sell off appears to have allowed the dollar to set the daily cycle trend line and set up an imminent break above the previous daily cycle high.

Being the fist daily cycle of the new intermediate cycle brings an expectation for this to be a right translated cycle peaking in the 12 ? 18 day range before rolling over into a daily cycle low.

Stocks

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
This thread will break down the plans for long or longer term investing.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Retail remains extremely hot. As many retail stocks continue to make new 52 week highs, many investors wonder if it will ever stop. The answer is yes, and it may be sooner than later. Tomorrow, the Non Farm Payrolls Report will be released. This will show the world how many jobs were created in the last month. It is estimated that 200,000 were added. Should this number fall short, retail may suddenly get very weak.

Why?

If the jobs picture starts to cloud up and the Unemployment Rate stops falling, the public may not have as much disposable income as expected. In addition, should gas prices continue to rise, many Americans will start pulling back on their spending habits. As expenses rise, the first thing to go is retail merchandise such as the TV's and clothes.

In this Chief Market Strategists humble opinion, stocks like Macy's, Inc. (NYSE:M) and Dillard's, Inc. (NYSEDS), along with others, are near a sharp pullback. These stocks are over extended in the short term.

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
i have been reading this forum for a while and never post. just learning at this point as i consider myself a rookie and not a real trader yet. but i thought i would put this up.

someone put me onto this stock yesterday. a financial advisor here locally told me that even though this stock has gone up, it will continue until feb. 12th.

i always take things with a grain of salt. i looked at the chart and thought, wow, i already missed the break out, but he said get into it by the end of the day. i did not do what he said. this morning its already up 10 percent.

the volume has increased in size lately. he said institutions are now buying in as the company is supposed to create some software for facebook commerce or something of that nature.

what do yall think?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Anyone have any advice on this stock? It seems to have plans for huge revenue, as well as starting to tier-up to OTC.QB, which would seem to push huge gains in the future.

Just bought 300 at 1.43, might turn into a long term investment if short term profits are stable.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Take a look at AYR, I think it is a good buying opportunity for long term investors. The company is doing very well, but stock went down 5% today due to the news that FIG is selling 5 mlns of shares. It is perceived as a bad news, however, in my opinion it is not.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
I wanted to see some people's thoughts on GRVY? I bought it recently and have had a good run the last several days on it. Is this a long or should I dump it? I've made a little profit off of it so I can't complain.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Looking to park about 100k long term, and collect the dividend income. I'm looking at OHI for this purpose. I was wondering if someone might recommend something better?

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
does anyone think LULU is a good short? does this make any sense:

-the price is at all time high.
-the volume is at a year low.
-this weeks chart is forming "rail road tracks".
-the 20 DMA has leveled out.
-there has been a lot of insider selling this month.
-its 92 percent owned by institutions.
-in the past year,everytime its in the overbought gray area, it comes down 10 or so dollars.
-since 2009 its been one of the break out stocks which history tells us, is bound for a big correction.

and with news starting to increase talking about gas prices, discretionary spending should go down first and this sector of super fancy 100 dollar yoga pants store, just won't make any money when you can get good quality yoga pants at target. that's my thought anyways. (my wife compares them all the time, lol)

with P/E at 59, it just seems like an expensive stock and i also just don't like the fundamental idea of their store, but that's my personal opinion.

so what do yall think? i am just throwing ideas that i don't feel too strongly about as i am a newbie

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Free subscription to SFO Magazine

Become a better trader in 2012 with Stocks, Futures & Options (SFO) magazine and PFGBEST.

Sign up now for your FREE subscription to SFO magazine?s monthly digital issues and get exclusive access to:

FREE archived articles on options, forex, technical analysis, psychology & more!
FREE SFO webinars?live and on-demand!
FREE exclusive, web-only content
FREE SFO Weekly eNewsletter

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Looking for a breakout above the 2.48 level ( 50 dma ). Short term price target after the break is 3. The stock starts showing ?buy' signals again, closing today above its 20-day moving average, which is a very bullish sign. Although the stock didn't perform well last year, we start to see now some signals of rebound. Additionally, the chart shows a MACD crossover, a bullish sign. Long-term investors may hold with a stop at $2.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
As you can see, I am pretty new to all of this. Trying to learn what everyone is looking at, and seeing in indicators, and what means what. So I have been trading for a couple of years on a short term (weekly-monthly) basis, based strickly off financials. I have just recenlty been looking into trends and indicators and I think i may have seen this stock on here once. So I kept watchin it cause at least I could see that it keeps dropping to about 4 and bouncing every two weeks with no news. Any thoughts on this one? what should I be looking at here?
(hope my URL pic works)

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Maxygen: A Biotech Play With Low Downside - Part 1

In the biotech sector, it's rare to find a stock that doesn't feature clinical risk, provides cash-supported downside protection, has attractive drug optionality and a management team with a track record of returning value to shareholders.

We think Maxygen (MAXY) is one such stock that deserves to be examined by most investors.

We have split our analysis into two articles. This first part discusses Maxygen's history, the company's current drivers and the contingent payment it may receive from Bayer Healthcare (BAYRY.PK). In our second part, we examine the company's G34 drug, our valuation estimates based on a downside, base and upside scenario, and our conclusion.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
I'm interested in starting a sub-forum where, with a joint interest, we come together with a "plan" that can achieve an "average" daily income of a minimum of $200/day, and maybe as high as $350/day, which includes both trading and investing (this regardless of a bear, bullish, or flat market). This "plan" would be achieved by establishing controlled trades and investments that as a group, have a sound basis and have protection from the constant changes in the market. The "plan" would have both stock and option choices.

I recognize this is just a rough idea of the sub-forum and more details are necessary, but mostly this poll is to see how much interest there would be here.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Both equities and commodities ended higher while bonds finished slightly lower in February; large cap stocks outperformed small cap stocks as the Russell 2000 lost steam last month. Looking forward, the Russell 2000 accelerated its downside momentum as we entered into March. Stock's trading volume continued to narrow last week as investors were aware of small upside potential. On the fixed income front, the short-end of the curve is more favorable technically speaking as the 2yr yield was facing heavy resistance from its 200-day moving average, while the 30yr yield found its support from its 50-day moving average that placed downward pressure on the longer term bonds. Investors will be focusing on the Job data next week, and the nonfarm payroll is going to tell the "true story" of whether the low initial claims were a real economic improvement indicator.

Technical Highlights:
? Small cap stocks accelerated its decline; commodities finished lower led by the price of crude.
? Equity internal turned weaker as the percentages of stocks above its 50-day moving average went down sharply last week.
? The "market bottom" group (technology, discretionary and financials) led weekly gains, while the defensive group remained quiet.
? Historical returns show upside bias toward offensive stocks in March; risk control is more important as volatility turns higher.
? The 2yr treasury yield continued to resist from its 200-day moving average, while the 30yr found its support from its 50-day moving average. The yield curve may turn steeper with the current technical setup.

read more at...
http://plus.alpbeta.com/report/201209.pdf

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
has anyone heard anything

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,

And much more...

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,

And a LOT more...

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
ndreon Corporation (NASDAQ: DNDN) seems to be on its way to recovery from the recent drop. The stock price has been falling on low volume for about 2 weeks now. I know I thought that $15 was a great buying opportunity, but I still think it is time to buy. A quick look at the daily chart of DNDN shows us that:

- The stock price has been making higher lows since January.
- The volume of transactions has been increasing substantially over the last 2 months.
- The 50 daily moving average is turning up for the first time since July 2010
- DNDN saw its short interest decrease by seven percent to 32,321,800 from 34,768,300.
- My expectation is for DNDN to rise back up to 15.21-16$ and then break out above 17.05
- This scenario would be cancelled if the price falls below 12

There is a resistance level that needs to be crossed to give rise to the next leg up. The buy trigger is at $14.66. If we can cross this level next week, the stock should continue its move up. During the day I tweet many times to my readers. I encourage everybody to subscribe AC Investor Blog twitter , so you can receive my trade ideas and stock news in real time. Stay tuned !!

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Volume precedes big moves. Hope this marks the bottom.
AT&T seems to be using Z-wave

- Possible double bottom here.
- Call options $7.50 have been very active this week.
- Short Interest Decrease 25%
- Positive MACD divergence
- Strong balance sheet - High level of cash and No debt

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Nice breakout on GMXR on 3x the daily average volume , positive MACD. Look for a quick run to $2.30 then on to $2.45

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Ok so I just got into the stock market last week and have invested in 3 companies so far I would like some opinions on these stocks...

WWE, EA, and HGSI

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
The dollar managed to find its footing on Wednesday and printed a reversal candle.
Thursday was day one of the dollar?s new daily cycle

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
North American Palladium. I found this one back in Jan looking for some volatile stocks. Using my own 2nd peak rule(2 good spikes--I'm out), I got in at 2.61, got out at 2.98. 2 cents shy of it's peak for 2012. I'm happy with the profit. It's got plenty of room for more, so I'll be back on this one again.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Broke out to new highs today on strong volume. Looks good for higher prices. Bullish MACD crossover.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
The stock breaks above the key resistance zone at $126.35, signifying that a new short term uptrend is in place. Further rise is expected to $135 zone. Indicators are also showing signs of recovery. Near term support is now located at $120.26, as long as this level holds, I'd expect the uptrend to continue. Long-term investors may hold with a stop at $116.99. Let's keep an eye on her.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
BIDU Moving up within a well defined uptrend channel. Look for a break above the 143 level for a run towards 150 in the short term. For longer term trade the channel buy the lower end of the channel and sell into the higher. Stops below the lower white line of the channel for longs. Price target for mid term is 165. Technical indicators are supporting the bulls. RSI is moving up and above its 50% level. Stochastic are also in buy mode. MACD is positive and above the signal line. You need to put this stock on your watchlist next week and pay special attention to the price and the volume action.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
With the year ending I decided to post how well the stocks that I announced performed this year. Here are my results 2011. You could have definitely outperformed the market if you followed these picks.

1. EERG ? I liked this junior oil stock back in April at $0.35. It was interesting to me because the merger would have pushed the share price higher. It was a little speculative, but it still paid off. Since the announcement the stock rose as high as $0.45. If you sold at the high point you would have had a return of 28.5%. It has also merged with American Eagle Energy, with the new symbol for the two companies being EERGD. The new stock currently trades at $1.35.

2. DCHAF/DSM ? I picked this rare metal holding company stock back in May at $0.49. I liked it because it was essentially a mining company except it purchased rare earth metals instead of mining for them. With China announcing that it was going to decrease the amount of rare earth metals it exported (thus increasing the price of rare earth metals), DCHAF/DSM was a no brainer. The stock rose as high as $1.24. If you sold at the peak you would have a return of 153%! It currently trades at $0.53. With assets worth $1.47 a share, the stock is still a great buy at this price.

3. CTXIF ? I announced this textile manufacturing stock back in July at $2.20. Since that time the stock rose to a high of $2.60, up 18%. I still love this company and expect it to do very well in the New Year. The stock?s current price is $2.17. It?s still a great buy, especially considering the Net Asset Value per share is $6.11, a conservative liquidating value of approximately $4.06 per share, and net working capital of almost $32 million. The company is also sitting on just over $5 million in cash, or $0.72 per share in cash. The company is continuing to grow very rapidly and since 2010 has acquired an additional yarn spinning factory to include in its operations. I strongly recommend everyone

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Well, stocks just continued their march higher, with another small gain for the week on the S&P 500. It was really a pretty uneventful week which was surprising considering the improved GDP report and important jobs report which was in line with expectorations. While the S&P was up this week, the ?risk off? trade seems to be coming back with small caps seriously underperforming in the last few weeks.

Big Ben spoke during the week and the absence of QE3 had a big impact on precious metals with gold and silver both down around 5% on Wednesday.

AAPL had a big gain on Wednesday following the GDP numbers and details of the ipad3 trickling out. Their release date is set for March 7th, but I have a feeling with AAPL being so overbought right now, this will be a ?sell the news? type event.

For the general market, complacency still seems very high at the moment. I believe there will be a selloff at some point soon, it's just a question of when and how deep. Puts are being bid up at the moment as traders look to protect their recent gains. The CSFB Fear Index is at a multi-year high which is interesting considering we haven?t even had a decent selloff yet. The spread between VIX cash and VIX futures is also at multi-year highs, another sign that a selloff is expected (doesn?t guarantee it will happen though).

Volatility is very stubbornly staying below 18. I would like to see the VIX back up around 22-23 at which point I will look at some more Iron Condors or Credit Spreads.

The SPX daily chart, shows that stochastics and MACD have started to roll over. I think a test of 1350 is on the cards for next week. Below that, there is support around 1325-1330 which coincides with the rising 50d moving average then below that there is support around 1300 and the 200d at 1275. Time will tell how far we drop, I wouldn?t be surprised if the 1330-1350 level held on the first attempt. The 50d EMA is above the 200d and both are still rising which is bullish.

As mentioned earlier, RUT has been underperforming and has broken below key support. It is approaching the 50d at 790, below that there is strong support at 775 which I would expect to hold if we test it. The 50d EMA is above the 200d and both are still rising which is bullish although they are starting to level off. Keep an eye on this.

Copper has recovered but is still below resistance at $51.20. JJC is still above a rising 50d EMA and is also above a flat 200d. Keep an eye on JJC this week for an indication of broader market direction. The 50d EMA is below the 200 so this is less bullish than the stock indexes, but it looks like we might get a cross shortly. Expect strong resistance around $51.20 - $51.50.

XLF is starting to break above short term resistance, but be careful with this one as stochastics and MACD are both bearish and there is some divergence there also. The 50d EMA and the 200d EMA are rising and the 50 just crossed the 200 which is bullish. Keep a close eye on this ETF as it tends to lead the market. There is strong support at $14.20.

GLD sold off on huge volume this week, I?d like to see a test of the 200d around $160 and then we could maybe look at some bull put spreads if we also get oversold conditions. GLD is right at a flat 50d EMA and is above a rising 200d. There is strong support at the $155 - $160 level.

USO is pulling back after having a good run the last few weeks. Support and $40 held on Wednesday, below that there is support at the 50d EMA at $39 and the 200d at $37.50. The 50d is above the 200d and both are rising which is bullish.

Below is the economic calendar for next week, a fairly important data week with GDP and Jobless Claims likely to have a significant impact on stocks, so trade accordingly!

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Just thought I would share this little nugget...

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
From a forbes article:

Solar Winds - SWI
Sales: $171 million

HMS Holding - HMSY
Sales: $339 million

Ancestry.com - ACOM
Sales: $354.4 million

Buffalo Wild Wings - BWL
Sales: $681.5 million

iRobot Corp - IRBT
Sales: $422.6 million

IPG Photonics - IPGP
Sales: $402.7 million

OPNET Technologies - OPNT
Sales: $157.1 million

BJ's Restaurants - BJRI
Sales: $559.4 million
*This is one of my personal favorites. Sales has grown 5.6% in 2010 , versus -1.8% for Red Lobster, 2% for Cheesecake Factory, -0.1% for PF Chang?s, 1.2% for Ruby Tuesday and 1.2% for Olive Garden.

TEAM - TISI
Sales: $544.6 million

DG (formerly known as DG FastChannel) - DGIT
Sales: $256.3 million

Emergent Biosolutions - EBS
Sales: $283.9 million

Hawkins - HWKN
Sales: $311.6 million

Exlservice Holdings - EXLS
Sales: $295.6 million

HealthStream - HSTM
Sales: $73.8 million

Interactive Intelligence Group - ININ
Sales: $192.2

These are not recommendations. Just ideas. Once again, credit goes to forbes.

FinViz - StockScreener and charting.
MarketWatch - News and quotes.
Zecco - Good broker!

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
COCO Has fallen big last two days based off news of competitor Apollo Group annoucing it lowered its projections for year over year enrollement numbers.

The reason I bring this up is because on feb 3rd, COCO was the only for-profit education company to show a higher level of enrollement than expected and is doing far better than most (including COCO) thought it would. So it rallied and settled around 5.00 for a month.

Only news since is that they renewed their leases on some campuses (normal) and Apollo's bad news.
seems harsh that COCO is taking such a large hit for APOL news.

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Was pretty oversold. I got in at almost the bottom, (I hope).

Thierry Martin
11-25-2013,
Top bluechip stocks among politicians...

General Electric - GE
94 Politicians

Proctor and Gamble - PG
74 Politicians

Cisco Systems - CSCO
72 Politicians

Microsoft - MSFT
70 Politicians

Pfizer - PFE
61 Politicians

Bank of America - BAC
61 Politicians

*By politicians I mean members of the US congress. Source: opensecrets.org, and Center for Responsive Polit