PDA

View Full Version : How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy

Pages : [1] 2

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
"How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy"

Free Webinar Recorded on Tuesday, December 3rd at 8:00 PM EST (New York Time)

In this free online class John Carter will share with you:

A Powerful Simple Strategy for Trading Options on ETFs
The SAFE Levels to Take Risk
The Very Best ETFs to use
Which ETFs You Have to Avoid Like the Plague
And much more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
There are 9 reasons why you SHOULD trade options on ETFs...and they're in this video...

9 Reasons to trade Options on ETFs

You'll learn from John Carter...

Why ETFs are his BEST Instrument for Options Trading
How he wires 34k from his Trading, to his Personal Account
Why ETF Options are untouchable by Market Makers
And a LOT more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Proof that 'account size doesn't matter' is often very hard to find. People say it doesn't matter...but can't prove it.

This video PROVES it

Legendary trader John Carter had a pretty good day recently... where he recorded live his 223k trading day! This was recorded in his REAL money accounts...

97k on Apple
93k on Google
104k on Priceline

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Just Released: 50 top movers in 2013

MarketClub.com has been in the business of trend following for decades, and they are happy to announce that you can take a look at Today's Top 50 Trending Stocks now...for free! This dynamic report is a list of market movers that can make a difference in your portfolio for 2013.

It costs you nothing, and it could be the game changer you have been looking for.

It's time you started trading like the smart money, get started today for free!

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
See how your picks stack up against other posters - join our weekly stock picking contest. Your win will be registered under your username and everyone will know about your stock picking talents.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Random Thoughts

As I wrote in the Layman's Guide To Trading Stocks, the stock market can go 25 years or more without making a new high. I was concerned about making my case but the market made it for me. While the book was being written, the stock market made 13 year lows. As I wrote in the above article (warning: spoiler alert!): "Markets go up and markets go down." As traders (and since buy and hold doesn't work, if you consider yourself an "investor" you seriously need to think about learning how to trade), our job is to get aboard these trends. Yes, I'd love to ride out a nice gradual uptrend for the next 10-20 years but right now, that's not happening. It appears that stocks are headed lower. And, when that happens, our job is to short the market.

I do "top down" analysis in a "bottom up" fashion. Every day I look at nearly 2,000 stocks, a few hundred ETFs, and over 200 sectors. This gives me a good feel for what's really going on. And, by the way, if you want to understand markets, you too can do this daily (or, of course, pay me to do it for you)-but I digress. Anyway, the last thing I do is study the indices. By this time I have a pretty good idea of what's going on under the hood. With that said, yesterday, if you took away my index charts and asked me what the overall stock market did, I'd tell you that it was down hard. My point is, the indices were flat to slightly positive but internals were crap. This is not a healthy market. Don't believe me? Well, spend the next couple of hours looking at all of those aforementioned charts and you too will be a believer.

So what do we do? My methodology is pullback in nature. And since the market is probing new multi-month lows, they are not many stocks setting up. This is probably a good thing since the market is becoming oversold at this juncture. Therefore, the plan remains the same. Take partial profits on existing shorts as offered and trail your stops lower. Further, honor your stops on any remaining longs. In summary, manage what you have and wait for the next cycle (i.e. pullback) before looking to establish new positions.

Futures are flat to firm pre-market.

Click here to watch today's Market in a Minute.

Best of luck with your trading today!

Dave

Expert swing trader Dave Landry comments on the charts for the major markets, indexes and sectors for the upcoming trading day in his daily one-minute video.

Make sure your sound is turned up. A new browser window will open and the video will begin playing within a few seconds.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
FB (Long/$25.00 Stop) - Since it's debut Facebook has been in a tailspin headed to the ground floor. As of yesterday's close ($26.90), the stock appears to be oversold. The chart pattern is a typical three push down pattern that is indicating seller momentum is waning.

Now, this does not mean buyers are going to get aggressive, it simply means that sellers are getting tired and that, at current... levels, the bulls may find the stock appealing. Also, a typical protracted move usually ends with a three push pattern which could also mean that shorts will now be tempted to cover their positions. If this does happen, you could see a short-term bounce back to the low $30's.

In any case, if you've been waiting on the sidelines for an opportunity to get involved, this may be it.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
We didn't need a watchlist today! Stocks running left and right straight off scan. EFTI went 150% from alert, AUMN went 20% and plenty of other runners today, CBLI BPAX BWMG EEDG USEI SMBL ZLCS etc. Join us in chat tomorrow. It's free for a limited time. Here's your list for Tuesday:

CBLI BPAX INSM AUMN SMBL GV XNPT PTNR MVIS GMO REED NG MUX NVTL FTEK NCIT HWAY HNSN SNTA CLSN AAU PSUN AUTH VRNG ZLCS

OTC's: BMWG EEDG GWBU EFTI GMND IPRU MDHI USEI

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
ETN has gotten pounded the last few days... I thought the beating it took last friday was overkill... Picked up up Friday evening. Hoping it would go up today...

Boy I was wrong... Thank god for a tight stop loss order...

What am I missing on this stock.. Great P/E Ratio, good management, I guess the biggest risk, is all the companies they have bought this year... But is that really the reason for the beating its taking?

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Stocks To Keep On Your Radar Screen next week - Full article and charts

Could be an interesting week for Career Education Corp. (NASDAQ:CECO) investors as the stock is showing some signs of a possible technical rebound in the making. The MACD and CMF are still showing positive divergences and the MFI is moving up and currently it has a value of 63.60 below overbought region of 80. There is positive money flow for the stock. The key technical resistance level investors will be watching is the 7 area. A breakout above this level could send the stock on a major push higher.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The "Chart of the Day" is Coca Cola Femsa (KOF), which showed up on Friday's Barchart "All Time High" list. Coca Cola Femsa on Friday rallied to a new all-time high of $117.90 and closed up 1.70%. TrendSpotter has been long since April 20 at $106.59. In recent news on the stock, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in Q1 had a 6.2 million share position in Coca Cola Femsa. Coca Cola Femsa, with a market cap of $21 billion, produces, markets and distributes soft drinks throughout the metropolitan area of Mexico City, in Southeastern Mexico and in metropolitan Buenos Aires, Argentina.

To access recent archived Chart of the Day reports, please go to:
http://www.barchart.com/headlines/se...=BC&series=COD

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Chart of the Day (June 4, 2012) - AIG in a nested pattern (AIG)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Random Thoughts

Referring the chart below, notice that the S&P made multi-year highs and subsequently stalled short of those highs (1). It then sold off hard (2) and pulled back (3). This action set up a variation of a pattern I have dubbed a "First Thrust." See the article above for more details. On Friday, we saw nice follow through out of this pattern.

I use the world "nice" in terms of my positing and technical analysis. I'm not happy that the market went down. I'd prefer if it just climbed steadily for years and years. Unfortunately, unless you're Bill Clinton, what is, is. So, I am happy that the charts worked. Forget about your bias and what you hope will happen and just follow the charts. What is, is.

As this market correction (which is now a bona fide slide) began to unfold. I wrote and spoke (see webcast archives) a lot about the ebb and flow of using money management and the charts to adjust your portfolio. Your longs begin to stop out and you start establishing shorts. You don't make big picture predictions. You just take things one day at a time and let it all unfold. And, you end up net short in a down market.

So what do we do? Take partial profits on existing shorts as offered and trail your stops lower. Further, honor your stops on any remaining longs. Since the methodology is pullback in nature and the market /most stocks/sectors are making new multi-month lows, they aren't a lot of new setups. This is probably a good thing since the market is becoming oversold. Therefore, manage what you have and wait for the next cycle.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
We are watching Water Utilities ? American Water Works Company (AWK).
Please visit diagstocks.com for more details.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
As we all know by now, the problems in the European Union are starting to increase by the moment. Many investors are now talking about a complete breakup of the European Union as we know it. The debt problems in all of these nations is simply becoming to much to for the European Central Bank (ECB) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to handle. In other words, debt can only bail out debt for so long. Has the debt society as we know it finally come to an end?

In this weeks report, we will examine three of most important European banking stocks in the stocks market. After all, the problems in Europe and around the world are really a banking crisis and not just a sovereign debt crisis. Austerity measures in Europe have been implemented and the banks continue to struggle. It appears that the one way the European banks could be saved in Europe is by the ECB printing money. However, at this time, the ECB can not print money. Therefore, we shall see if that rule is changed by the end of the year. I suspect in time it will, making the ECB more like the Federal Reserve.
Deutsche Bank AG (USA) (NYSE:DB) is a Germany-based global investment bank. This stock plunged lower by 3.10 percent on Friday, June 1, 2012. The stock will have some short term daily chart support around the $28.00 area, this is the weekly chart low from September 12, 2011. The weekly chart could be signaling a decline to the $19.00 area if this downside momentum continues over the next few months. Either way, unless some surprise resolution arises out of the European Union in the near term DB stock looks to be headed lower.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Weaker economic data continued to push the bearish momentum forward; May nonfarm payrolls' (69k vs. 165k est.) disappointed the market by adding the least job in the last 12 month periods. Furthermore, consumer confidence (64.9 vs. 70.0 est.), Chicago PMI (52.7% vs. 56.8% est.), and the ISM manufacturing index (53.5% vs. 54.0% est.) all showed below estimate readings throughout this past week. These pessimistic releases drove the U.S. bond market to trade at record high that the 10yr is currently trading below 1.5%. But how low can yield goes? While this low rates environment may least a lot longer given from the poor economic condition. However, from the technical perspective, it may be ready for a bounce that the 10-yr is approaching to its multi-decade support. Looking forward next week, stocks are likely to continue to stay volatility with this downtrend momentum, and the ISM service will be the key mover for bonds.

Technical Highlights:
? Stocks turned underwater on year-to-date basis; bonds soared to record high.
? The NYSE composite failed to make a bullish turn on its 200day moving average; Both the S&P and the NASDAQ composite are now trading in the bearish territory (below 200day SMA).
? Market decline led by abnormal negative performances on offensive stocks; Historical data continued to point the market lower.
? While the 10-yr Treasury yield traded at record low, it is also approaching to its multi-decade support (see chart on page 6).

read more at...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
This week copper broke the trenline from back in 2009. This an incredibly bad sign for the broader economy and stocks if copper cannot recapture this trendline in the immediate future.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Color sucks.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The dollar printed a key reversal on Friday, which was day 22 of the dollar?s daily cycle.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Need some advice about small energy companies. SD, KOG etc, also CHK for natural gas play. Any idea which of these is the better play. Feel free to include others that might be interesting.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Chart of the Day for May 30, 2012 - Fall in to the Gap (GPS)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Random Thoughts

The market continued to slide of a First Thrust but did manage to close off of its worst levels. Futures are getting decimated pre-market so it looks like the slide continues out of the pattern.

So what do we do? Well, if you've been reading this newsletter you're probably been short for a while. So, manage what you have by trailing your stops lower and take partial profits on this morning's weakness if offered. Isn't it nice to come into a day like today and be able to keep your head while everyone else is losing theirs? The charts don't always work but it sure is nice when they do! Since the futures are getting creamed, you probably want to hold off on new shorts for now.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Last Friday the moment was finally there, Facebook went public. On the first day of trading we already saw that the stock price didn't meet the high expectations among many investors.

Now, after a couple of trading days the bad news around Facebook's IPO is piling up. The Nasdaq is sued by investors because of the fact that the trading systems had some technical malfunctions. JPmorgan and Goldman Sachs will be investigated in their role during the IPO. Bankers could have spreader negative information about Facebook among their bigger clients who wanted to buy Facebook shares.

What do you think about this situation. Is Facebook a good investment for the long-term?

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Here's the deal. Market has been slow lately, but we've been killing it. Tired of watching your stocks lose your money? Now is your chance to join us in the chat room for free. The catch is you have to do your homework, watch and learn. As only members will have access to the videos/articles/seminars/ etc. The free chat might last a week or it might last forever. It's a trial for me to see what happens. Part of the deal is this watchlist will be what it used to be, just a list. If you want the in-depth idea behind why some of the stocks are on the list and the possible trade idea, then just become a member already. Its just $40 a month. Now get your butt in the FREE chat room and when you're ready to learn what the hell I'm talking about in chat, then join up! Here's your list for Friday:

MVIS VRNG GALE FCEL GWBU TISA KSWS CVO KERX IPAS TEAR PRKR PWER DYN EAHC ETAK SNTA STNT

Over $5: BONT ARNA END CIEN ROSG ISLE FB

In-depth also mentions a hot sector and a few tickers to watch. Here's the in-depth watchlist for members:

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Joy Global mining company.

Looks like they have technology that Caterpillar (CAT) is interested in as well as being solidly planted in the industry.

7 straight years of growth. Solid track record and I like that CAT is showing some interest.

In at 66 1/4 today. In it for the long run, I hope.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The "Chart of the Day" is Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY), which showed up on Tuesday's Barchart "All-Time High" list. Bed Bath & Beyond on Tuesday posted a new record high of $74.67 and closed up 2.10%. TrendSpotter has been long since May 11 at $71.55. Bed Bath & Beyond was last featured by "Chart of the Day" as of the close on Nov 8, 2011 of $63.44. In recent news on the stock, Argus on May 17 reiterated its Buy rating on BBBY and maintained its $80 target, saying it is positive about the company's acquisition of Cost Plus because the deal will enable BBBY to add some excitement to its stores with new merchandise. Credit Suisse on May 11 upgraded BBBY to Outperform from Neutral and raised its target to $91 from $75 because the Cost Plus acquisition adds growth, improves selection, and reduces sourcing costs. Bed Bath & Beyond, with a market cap of $17 billion, is a nationwide operator of superstores selling predominantly better quality domestics merchandise and home furnishings typically found in better

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The "Chart of the Day" is Bob Evans Farms (BOBE), which showed up on Thursday's Barchart "All-Time High" list. Bob Evans on Thursday posted a new all-time high of $40.74 and closed up +0.74%. TrendSpotter has been long since April 27 at $38.67. In recent news on the stock, the company on March 8 affirmed FY12 EPS guidance of $2.38-2.44 versus the consensus of $2.44 and said it is targeting 7-10% long-term growth. Bob Evans Farms, with a market cap of $1.1 billion, owns and operates restaurants, including Bob Evans Restaurants, Owens Family Restaurants, Bob Evans `small-town` Restaurants, and Cantina Del Rio Mexicanrestaurants. They also produce fresh and fully-cooked sausage products and fresh, deli-style salads which are distributed primarily to grocery stores in the Midwest, Southwest and Southeast.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Random Thoughts

In spite of all the celebration about Wednesday's rally, the market turned right back down-in a "do over" fashion. In fact, it gave back all of Wednesday's gains and then some. This action has it selling off out of a First Thrust pattern.

So what do we do? I'm still seeing a plethora of shorts that are set up. I especially like the ones that are just coming off of multi-year highs. This helps to ensure that the most amount of participants are trapped on the wrong side of the market. Read the First Thrust article above.

The Dollar and Bonds banged out new highs on Wednesday.

Come to the chart show later today. I'm going to flesh out all of the above in a lot more detail. If you don't have my book but do plan on reading it as some point, email me for the password.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

And much more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
There are 9 reasons why you SHOULD trade options on ETFs...and they're in this video...

And a LOT more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Proof that 'account size doesn't matter' is often very hard to find. People say it doesn't matter...but can't prove it.

This video PROVES it

Legendary trader John Carter had a pretty good day recently... where he recorded live his 223k trading day! This was recorded in his REAL money accounts...

97k on Apple
93k on Google
104k on Priceline

AND YOU CAN WATCH IT HERE

John will show you exactly how he traded the above trades, what he did right, what he did wrong, and what YOU can do to trade like this. And he points out what a 'small account' really is and how the overall goal is to have an income source by growing it to big account!

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

MarketClub.com has been in the business of trend following for decades, and they are happy to announce that you can take a look at Today's Top 50 Trending Stocks now...for free! This dynamic report is a list of market movers that can make a difference in your portfolio for 2013.

It costs you nothing, and it could be the game changer you have been looking for.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
See how your picks stack up against other posters - join our weekly stock picking contest. Your win will be registered under your username and everyone will know about your stock picking talents.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Market down, we still find winners! FCEL very nice on open, as we mentioned its potential pre-market and went for a possible 12% gain. NCIT ripped 20%+ from initial alert, then setup on the short side as well which brought another 15% if you took the breakdown idea. AGRT followed thru after a dip above .53 and hit .66 for a possible 24%. IDVC and HOKU other good alerts today netting more than 15%. Pretty good day for an overall market pullback. Have you taken the free trial yet? Short list tonight as most ideas have come directly from intra-day scans.

GYSTD some late day buying and will be a top watch in the morning. Alerted in chat today at .10.

BRFH MDMC STNT - interesting charts if you know what I mean.

Others: IDVC HOKU LTHU FCEL VELA AMPE NSU TAST ARNA CVO FTEK

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Denbury Resources Inc (DNR)

Valuation
PE Ratio --> 9.17 (Good)
Price to Book --> 1.23 (Good)
PEG Ratio --> 0.45 (Good)
PE Ratio Among its competitors --> Low (Good)
PE Ratio * Price To Book --> 11.28 (Good)

Financial Health
Current ratio --> 1.25 (Average)
Debt to Equity --> 0.55 (Below Average)
Net Current Assets --> 151.4 millions
Long Term Debt --> 2727.7 millions
Net Current Assets Lesser than Long Term Debt --> Based on business nature, can be considered Average
Cash From Operation --> 291.7 millions (Q1 Is gradually increasing based on YOY - Good)
Cash From Financing Activities --> 55.9 millions (Is gradually decreasing - Good)
Market Cap --> 6.08 Billion

Dividend History
10 Years Non-Stop Payout --> NA
Dividend Yield --> NA

Management Efficiency
ROA --> 7.21% (Average)
ROE --> 15.06% (Good)
ROI --> 7.7% (Good)
Operating Margin --> 46.15% (Good)

Fair Value Estimation (Based On Discounted Cash Flow)
Operating Cash Flow: 863.7 Millions (3 years average)
Total Debt: 2727.7 Millions
Cash and Equivalent: 77.4 Millions
Cash Flow Growth Rate (Based on consensus estimate from Reuters): 20.08%
Discount Rate: 8.9%
Fair Value: $27.26
Margin of Safety: 75.19%!

Technical Analysis

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The market is showing positive divergences in two major areas. These areas signal stimulus and possible bank recapitalization from the European Union and the ECB. Ultimately, the markets are signaling something big on the horizon that could cause the market to pop sharply in the short run. The SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSEARCA:SPY) is trading at $131.96 -1.74 (-1.30%).

The first positive divergence has occurred between the S&P 500 and the Dollar. These usually trade inverse to each other but lately, the Dollar has soared to new 2012 highs, but the market has not made new lows. This signals a coming market push. The PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish (NYSEARCA:UUP) 22.92 +0.12 (0.53%).

The second divergence is happening today. Gold opened sharply lower and has rallied back to the flat line. This is extremely unusual with the Dollar higher on the day and the markets lower. This tells us of stimulus on the horizon in Europe. The SPDR Gold Trust (ETF) (NYSEARCA:GLD) hit of low of $148.61 but is now trading at $151.31, +0.29 (0.19%). This is a huge reversal and speaks to a big factor coming on the horizon.

Ultimately, things are pointing to an announcement in the next week of bank bailouts in Europe and possible stimulus. This would cause a sharp 300 plus point rally in the Dow Jones Industrial Average.

Gareth Soloway

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Awesome morning! AGRT MVIS AAPT etc. Many runners this morning. A few late day movers as well I wasn't around for, as I took off a bit early today. ISR beauty play from watchlist last night, gap over .80, consolidate, then run into close. CVO finally headed towards 2 as mentioned it might on watchlist last week. The point is the hardest part is learning how to play, then once it clicks you'll see opportunities left and right.

I realize some of you were unaware that we had a different chat room spot this morning as I was unable to login here for a bit, and for that I apologize. But all is fixed and we will be back here at the OTF tomorrow. BestDamnPennyStocks Canceled... again. Nonetheless, feel free to re-watch the BFLX video from the last BDPS play and keep what I discussed in mind as we work through the new one in the future. They just want you on your toes.

AGRT - BullExchange promo. Great intra-day setup too if you missed first run. Now needs over .53. We'll see if they can make it a multi-day runner.

ISR - probably gets a small gap up, if you bought today, consider taking profits. If you're on the sidelines, give it a few minutes to see which way its going to go if any direction at all. Who knows it may consolidate early before deciding which way to go similar to today.

CVO - Watch the 2 spot tomorrow, if it doesn't break consider profit taking. You can always play again later if it sets back up.

MVIS - decent close. Needs over 2.70, may test 3 real quick if it does. If that breaks who knows. Play the intra-day trend.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
An sponsor who sells stock short borrows shares from a brokerage domicile and sells them to one more purchaser. profits from the sale go into the shooter?s description. I say things like ?if you found $50 on the ground, would you pick it up?? if the answer is ?yes? then why not take the same $50 or $100 that you are up in a stock position BEFORE the market closes. The software does!!!!ock

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
I've been following daytrading for a bit now, and started doing some paper trading with some success (fake success yay!)

A big road block for me though has been finding a good screener to test some of the things I want to try. I've paid for a few monthly subscriptions to different screeners now, and none will give me what I need.

Would anyone be able to suggest a good screener that can show me stocks that are quickly falling or rising? For example if a stock went up or down by 0.5% over the last 30 seconds, I'd like the screener to show it. And then I could take a deeper look at a list of stocks that are currently moving quickly up or down.

Thanks for any advice

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Hope everyone enjoyed the 3 day weekend. The audio during the seminar last night did not work, therefore I will be posting a separate video tonight discussing the topics more in-depth. Here's the list for Monday:

KV.A - I'm holding from 1.30, looking for follow through or I'll be out. Decent run mid-day friday. Might re-test 1.50, we'll see. More in chat.

COCO - needs over 3.00

ISR - watch the .80 spot, room to the upside if it breaks.

Others: KV.A GNOM UPI XG RCON CSIQ TCX MRGE MNOV ACLS COCO THM AMRS MUX CYTR GTAT PRWM

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The stock traded higher on Friday, after the company released strong earnings late Thursday. The stock hit a high of $120.63, which is resistance for the continuation move. LNKD is still in bull market as 50-day moving average is still above 200-day moving average with MACD above 0. For those who did not have a chance to buy the stock, any pull back is your buying opportunity.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Buy or Sell: Sell

Long Into Week 22 ? 100% Cash

Add to watchlist as initial or secondary buys, but do not buy until market shows buy signals:

ALXN ? 95.11 to 99.87

AMGN ? 70.10 to 73.61

AMT ? 64.65 to 67.88

BBBY ? 72.85 to 76.49

CERN ? 78.63 to 82.56

CPRT ? 26.93 to 28.28

CRUS ? 28.35 to 29.77

CYBX ? 39.68 to 41.66

DG ? 47.69 to 50.08

FUL ? 31.72 to 33.31

MLNX ? 61.50 to 64.58

MO ? 30.50 to 32.01

SXCI ? 100.60 to 105.63

TDG ? 118.31 to 124.23

TSCO ? 101.10 to 106.16

VZ ? 40 to 42

WFM- 86.45 to 90.77

WWWW ? 15.65 to 16.43

Add to watchlist as secondary buys only, but do not buy until market shows buy signals:

TSCO ? bounce from 50-day

http://antichartjunk.com/2012/05/29/week-22-

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Although stocks gave up some of their gains in Friday's session before the holiday long weekend, the S&P 500 had finally founded a little ground after three consecutive weekly losses. In the meantime, housing data buoy investors confidence as both existing home sales (4.62M vs. 4.60M est.) and new home sales (343K vs. 335K est.) outpaced analysts' forecast. Bond price volatility stayed quiet and directionless ahead of a busy economic calendar week, where the Treasury curve finished almost unchanged after reaching its all time low on the 10yr. Economic fundamentals are on the spotlight looking forward this week, where the U.S. first quarter GDP, nonfarm payroll, and various critical economic indicators will be releasing.

Technical Highlights:
? The rally on stocks appeared weakness as momentum decelerated; 1289/1350 continued to be the key support/resistance level for the SPX this week.
? The NYSE composite is facing heavy resistance from its 200 day moving average, which is a critical bull/bear technical watch for the blue chips.
? Offensive stocks outperformed the S&P, the "market top" group (materials, industrials, and energy) strengthened.
? Treasury showed little activates across the curve this past week; bonds remain bullish as the "golden cross" on yields fell to reverse the trend.

read more at...
http://plus.alpbeta.com/report/201221.pdf

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Stocks are precariously poised heading into this shortened trading week. The long term trend is up and is still intact for now, but the intermediate term trend is down. Mark Arbeter, the chief technical strategist at S&P Capital IQ this week said ?We think the stock market is close in both time and price to a bottom, but we think there will be more volatile, sideways trading as stocks hammer out a bullish reversal pattern, which does not preclude a move to new corrective lows.? So there could be some more pain ahead. My gut tells me the seeling isn't done with yet and there is plenty of resistance above if stocks do rally.

Lakshman Achuthan from the Economic Cycle Research Institute has reaffirmed his view of a US recession in mid-2012 to early 2013.

Despite the short week, there is a lot to keep on the radar for this week. Consumer confidence numbers will be coming out on Tuesday, the GDP and Jobless Claims on Thursday, followed by the Employment Situation report, Personal Income and Outlays and the ISM Manufacturing Index on Friday. Setting up for an exciting week I think. Enjoy the day off tomorrow while you can.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
MSECTOR750: Auto Parts Wholesale Sector
MSECTOR442: REIT ? Healthcare Facilities Sector

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
We are going to hypercharge this site with a major new upgrade tonight which will give the forum a kick in the ass and attract new users and more search engine spiders. During the upgrade we have to turn the forum off, because the database cannot operate while site files are being deleted and replaced.

I am hoping that all goes well and we can be back online within a few hours, but if there are problems (and with about 3/4 of a million posts there just may be a few problems) then it could take longer, I decided to do it this weekend because of the holiday.

I hope you are patient and check back every couple of hours until we are back.

Looking forward to your comments and feedback, I know how hard it is for everyone when anything changes, but I believe this will be all for the better, and we will be able to grow as much as we deserve to with all the great posters and regular visitors here.

I'm doing this for you!

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Friday was day 18 for the dollar?s daily cycle.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
HNR - Harvest Natural Resources - $5.12

June $5 PUT sell @ 0.55 = 11% over 3 weeks if finish OTM

looks like longs are waiting for some kind of announcement towards a sale of some assets in Venezuela
book value 10.24
current ratio 1.91

seem to be bleeding money and incoming revenue info not available

worth the risk? keep shares if ITM or close position?

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
ROSG just sick! Probably gaps and runs a bit before selling off. How high? who knows, maybe 13-15 range. Either way it will be good on the short side as well soon. Just an awesome trader the past few days ever since first alert at 2.70.

PRKR - awesome past 2 days. Yes I covered entry and exit points. The question is does it have a third? Needs to breakout on the daily over 1.60 and hold tomorrow.

GWBU - come on APS get your shit together. Run this mofo already. Or wash it again so we can get another bounce play.

PCX - needs over 2.70. Decent resistance there as proved end of day today.

NOOF - nice volume increase today, and preparing to breakout on daily.

CIGX - watch for over 3.60. I like the daily chart maybe even as a swing if it goes and closes strong. Seems to be breaking above symmetrical wedge on daily chart as well, a bullish sign.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The entire Education sector was on fire today led by Career Education Corp. (NASDAQ:CECO). The stock closed above the psychological level of 7 and near the 50 day moving average. A close above this level would warrant liquidation of short positions. I believe that price may continue its rally next week. CECO is a good short squeeze candidate. Short % of Float - 11% / Days To Cover 3.5 / Book/sh - $12 / Cash/share - $5.8 / No Debt / Inst Own 89%

On Friday, I alerted my twitter followers for a possible strong rebound. Subscribe my twitter, so you can receive my trade ideas and stock news in real time.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Forget hopping around websites looking for ideas. You've found a great forum here. Now you will have the benefit of being able to talk live with other traders about happenings in the market, get trade ideas, and share your own trade ideas right here at the OTF.

Many of the SFB Chat Room members found my website from this forum, so what better way to make it easier on everyone than to just have it right here.

Along with the move comes a new name: "Stocks For Beer Trading Room" whereby a link can be found in the upper right hand corner for members to get in and talk with everyone.

Interested in becoming a Member? Besides having access to our trading room and speaking with full and part time traders all day; here are some of what you can learn by joining:

Rules of trading a cash account vs. margin account vs. pattern day-trader
Understanding Momentum Trading
Volume & Liquidity vs. Low Float Trading
Swing Trade or Day Trade? What stocks are suitable for each.
General Risk Management Strategies
Beginner's Tips
My favorite chart set-ups
How to scan for stocks on the move
How to do fundamental research on an OTC stock in-depth
Sub-Penny Stocks - Gambling at its best. Keys to finding them early.
Pumps & Dumps - how you can profit; includes a list of legitimate promoters,.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
hello,

so i have been using ameritrade and i what really bugs me about the software is that in order to review my stops and triggers, i have to click off my postion page and click 2 more times to get to the triggers. and when you have 5 or more postions, it can get confusing with all the numbers in your head.

is there a better trading platform? one where preferably, you can see all the info about your position on one line, on the same page.

ie:stock, shares, purchase price, stop trigger, sell trigger of a specified number of shares, gains, etc...

thanks for any suggestions.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Random Thoughts

Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated---but thanks for your concern.

I no longer announce business trips to the world. When my house sitter shoots someone,
there?s a mountain of paperwork to fill out.

The short-term trend in the market remains down. In fact, the major indices are now set up
as First Thrust patterns. As you would expect, when the overall market is set up, there are a
plethora of setups in individual issues. I especially like those stocks that have recently
made multi-year highs and, like the market, are also set up as First Thrusts.
Examples here include Chemicals, Leisure, Transports, Retain, and Real Estate to name a few.

SO, look to gain additional exposure to the short side.

Futures are soft pre-market.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
GENE - Gorgeous move over 4.20 this morning. A few in chat banked on it. Then Doodman alerted the bounce opp off 5.00 as it went back to 6.00 for another 20%. Now watch for a move back over 6. We'll see if it has another day in it. GNOM a watch too if GENE starts to go again. The sector is just hot thanks to ROSG.

VRML - another sick mover today. Called it early in chat before it ran to 2.70. Might have 3.00 in it in the morning. Will discuss it again in chat based on the price action.

CVO - closed strong after a weird mid-day spike and drop. A few snagged this right after the drop mid 1.60's. Over 1.75 in the morning may take it straight to 2.00.

HUSA - closed strong as well, same idea as CVO in the sense it may get 2.00 if it catches momo.

STNT - just one of those charts getting started. More info for members in this thread.

LIVE - Great looking daily chart setting up. Lower volume, but this former runner with an extremely low float can move. 6.00, 6.50, 7.00 main areas of interest. Gets through all 3, she could take off like the SpaceX. Chat Room Played this back in December, and would love to play it again.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Why a support and resistance weaken when they have several touches and the trendlines gain strength with every extra touch?
To analyze the support bases let us take a concrete example. A stable company with stable quotes was worth $ 10 when someday the price soar 50%. All investors who were hesitant to purchase up to that point and eventually saw the title go up so quickly got with $ 10 deeply marked in their minds, along with a sense of regret. All investors who bought at $ 10 and gained 50% in one day will record this value in their mind, along with a strong sense of satisfaction. This duality of feelings will make all the difference in a future approach to the price in question, and the stronger the feelings generated, the greater the strength of support / resistance.

The price rose over 100% on the following months, and as result of some profit-taking of investors who had bought on the $ 10 zone (among others), it reached a top and began to regress. After four months it returned to the $ 10 zone. All investors who made money with that rocket rise from $ 10 will remember that value and buy again in the same value. All who were not able to get in at the first time will look at this value and associate it with the lost opportunity. And on either side will appear purchase orders on that value, creating the base of a support. When the price goes down to that level, the various purchase orders will make it back up. And if inertia or the selling pressure brings back prices to the support zone, once again the price will be repelled.

But if selling pressure is maintained and the area of $ 10 is tested several times without a significant reaction to feed the euphoria, the purchase orders for those who wait anxiously for a new dazzling ascent will eventually run out, breaking down the support. This is the reason why a support gets weaker every time that is tested. Every touch represents a cleaning among investors eager to buy, weakening the structure behind the support.
And exactly the same applies to the resistance areas, but in reverse ? When considerable losses happen, this will lead to conditioned behavior in the area where they took place, causing selling pressure, and so forth.

Without exploring this factor too deep, a support / resistance will be more or less powerful if the breakage occurred with more or less volume. The larger the volume, (usually) the greater the number of investors involved, which leads to a greater number of people trying to buy / sell when the prices reach a certain value.

As regards the trendlines, they do not work in the same way. These lines are, as its name implies, trend indicators, which tend to follow the exponential growth of a stock over time. Their origin is still unclear and there isn?t any consensual explanation to their linear evolution over months and, in some cases, years.
In my opinion, the development for "self-fulfilling prophecy" should not be set aside.

When someone makes an entry based on a trendline probably does so because he saw in a chart that there was a reaction to that line. As certain moving averages, which are historically seen as trend references, trendlines also work better in markets where a greater proportion of investors are based on technical indicators to make their decisions.

Each time a trendline is detected, the more investors look to her as a future reference. Not only as a trend reference but also as an entry/exit reference. And as a trendline gains consistency after one more touch, more investors have the opportunity to discover it, increasing the number of people who will be waiting for their development and thus also increasing the number of new orders available when an approximation is coming.
To be a considerable trendline, it must also be minimally obvious. If we have to draw it with too much art and gymnastics, and it is only perceived by those who designed it, the entire mechanism will be compromised.

It seems to me extremely important that everybody understand what?s behind the major technical indicators. It is this understanding of the market and of its "signs and symptoms" that will allow us to adjust orders and movements to the changing economic and financial reality in which we deal.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 24, 2012 - Intel (INTC)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The "Chart of the Day" is Toll Brothers (TOL), which showed up on Wednesday's Barchart "52-week High" list. Toll Brothers on Wednesday posted a new 5-year high of $28.08 and closed +2.66%. TrendSpotter has been long since April 27 at $25.56. Toll Brothers was boosted on Wednesday by a stronger-than-expected U.S. April new homes sales report of +3.3% to 343,000, which was stronger than expectations of +2.1% to 335,000, and by the 1.8% increase in the U.S. FHFA home price index, which suggested demand is firming for U.S. housing. Toll Brothers on Wednesday reported Q2 EPS of 10 cents, which was better than the consensus of 4 cents. The company said the spring selling season has been the most robust since the downturn began. Toll Brothers, with a market cap of $4.4 billion, builds single-family homes in middle and high income residential communities in thirteen states and five regions around the country.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

And much more...

Don't miss this free trading education from a real pro!

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

And a LOT more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

This video PROVES it

97k on Apple
93k on Google
104k on Priceline

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The first thing I noticed when Paul walked in was the few extra pounds and silvery tinge to his hair he acquired since I saw him last. He?s clearly spending too much time behind a computer writing those acidic columns for the New York Times. We?re all short dated options in the end, I thought.

We met at my favorite San Francisco restaurant, Gary Danko?s (click here for their site at http://www.garydanko.com/), where one can get a once in a lifetime, bucket list type meal for about $300 for two, but only if you get the cheaper wine. Ideally located near Fisherman?s Wharf, they are one of only a tiny handful of Bay area restaurants to boast a coveted Michelin star. Good luck getting a reservation if you?re not having dinner with Bill Clinton.

Paul went for the lobster salad with hearts of palm and the soft shell crab with bacon. I settled for the Dungeness crab salad with quinoa and quail stuffed with foie gras. We washed it down with an excellent 2008 Duckhorn cabernet called ?The Discussion?. I kidded him about recent articles in the press that described him as the ?Mick Jagger of economics?.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
I have picked a few stocks based on "predefined stock screens which select stocks based on predefined quantitative methodologies from the database of over 9,800 stocks". What do you guys think of these?

http://www.dark-liquidity.com/fundamentals.php

CSTR, CMI, AAPL, DLTR

They have relatively low P/E ratios, consistent performances. On paper I made 5% in two days, but I have not put real money into these yet.

I have been watching the market for a year now. I am about to make my first purchase on a mutual fund SGRAX. Any opinions?

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Dear all,

In order to receive our bachelor degree we need to find English respondents working in the financial sector or respondents whom followed an education that can be placed in a financial categorie such as economics for example.

You would help us out a lot by following this link and fill in our questionnaire.

http://www.let.ru.nl/ciw-bc/webenquetes/CSR-IR/

Kind regards and thanks in advance.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 23, 2012 - Netapp (NTAP)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Pilgrim's Pride (PPC) for May 23, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Pilgrim's Pride (PPC), which showed up on Tuesday's Barchart "52-week High" list. Pilgrim's Pride on Tuesday posted a new 14-month high of $8.15 and closed up +5.91%. TrendSpotter has been long since May 16 at $7.70. In recent news on the stock, Pilgrim's Pride on April 27 reported Q1 EPS of 18 cents, which was much better than the consensus of 8 cents. Pilgrim's Pride, with a market cap of $1.5 billion, is one of the largest chicken companies in the US, Mexico and Puerto Rico.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Can my family catch a break? A car accident this time hospitalizing my girlfriends grandma. I spent most the evening in the hospital. Therefore, just a quick list tonight. More details in chat tomorrow.

Best bounce call of the year so far goes to SFB Moderator, Doodman, on PCX! Nothing like an 80% bounce called almost dead bottom about 1.45 before it bounced to 2.70; thanks to a slew of rumors/re-hashed PR's getting thrown around the web. Are you missing some of the biggest gainers? Get in chat! We find winners even on down days. Maybe not as many, but they are there.

PCX GENE HEAT CLNT IWEB ERHE GWBU BPAX AMRS LLEN PRKR REE CLWR BPOP RAD VPIG IDNG MDMC FMNL HYSR STB

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 22, 2012 - Priceline.com (PCLN)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 21, 2012 - Comcast (CMCSA)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS) for May 22, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS), which showed up on Monday's Barchart "52-week High" list. Isis on Monday posted a new 1-year high of $9.42 and closed up 5.14%. TrendSpotter has been long since May 10 at $8.95. In recent news on the stock, Isis reported Q1 EPS of -24 cents, which was slightly better than expectations of -26 cents. Piper Jaffray on May 1 upgraded Isis to Overweight from Neutral and raised its price target to $15 from $10. Isis Pharmaceuticals, with a market cap of $900 million, is a leading genomics-based drug discovery and development company that is focused on RNA.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Verizon Communications (VZ) for May 21, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Verizon Communications (VZ), which showed up on Friday's Barchart "52-week High" list. Verizon on Friday posted a new 2-year high and closed up 0.39%. TrendSpotter has been long since April 25 at 39.48. In recent news on the stock, Credit Suisse on May 11 upgraded Verizon to Outperform from Neutral and raised its price target to $45 on expectations for margin expansion. Verizon Communications, with a market cap of $117 billion, in the largest provider of wireline and wireless communications in the United States and is also the world's largest provider of print and on-line directory information.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Long Into Week 21 ? 100% Cash

Add to watchlist as initial or secondary buys, but do not buy until market shows buy signals:

AMGN ? 70.10 to 73.61

AMT ? 64.65 to 67.88

BBBY ? 72.85 to 76.49

CYBX ? 39.68 to 41.66

DG ? 47.69 to 50.08

FUL ? 31.72 to 33.31

MO ? 30.50 to 32.01

SXCI ? 100.60 to 105.63

TDG ? 118.31 to 124.23

VZ ? 40 to 42

WFM- 86.45 to 90.77

Add to watchlist as secondary buys only, but do not buy until market shows buy signals:

FIRE ? bounce from 50-day

GNC ? bounce from 50-day

LQDT ? bounce from 50-day

TCBI ? bounce from 50-day

TDG ? bounce from 50-day

http://antichartjunk.com/2012/05/22/week-21-day-2/

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
BPAX - Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. Not in? Watch for gap up and first high break to long it or gap and crap bounce. If it opens weak but still above .50, it needs over .53 for continuation. Opens below .50, might see some sellers before getting a bounce back towards .50. Play what it gives us. Better yet, join us in chat!

GWBU - Absolutely gorgeous bounce called around 1.15 today. Solid 30%+ if you held rest of day, although I did suggest taking profits a bit early, nonetheless this was the washout I was looking for. Now they should try to get it going again. Needs over 1.60/1.65 in the morning hopefully on more volume

ROSG - nice gap and run today, watch for over $7 again in the morning, may have more in it. Stock is nuts. Gotta love low floaters after reverse splits of real companies. Sub-pennies that r/s don't count

EKDKQ - lost their patent cast today causing a sell-off into close. Any major panic in the morning may entice a quick bounce play.

MDMC - promo still inching up, should speed up one of these days, otherwise if you are long and it falls back below $1 be careful.

CUBV - promo, watch the .20 spot tomorrow.

PVA - decent chart, could get a breakout on daily tomorrow:

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
There is only one way to get the stock market up and it does not come in pill form; it is a fall in the U.S. Dollar Index. I have been writing about the U.S. Dollar Index for years now and it is still amazing how so many traders and investors disregard this critical index. Everyone should remember that the U.S. Dollar is the world's reserve currency and this is a global economy now. Today, the U.S. Dollar Index futures (DX-M2) are declining lower by 0.29 cents to $81.12 per contract. This drop in the dollar has rallied the SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (NYSEARCAIA) higher by 1.12 percent. As long as the U.S. Dollar Index continues to sell off traders could expect higher prices in the near term for the major stock indexes.

Some other sectors that will usually react positive to a weak U.S. Dollar include iPath DJ-UBS Copper TR Sub-Idx ETN (NYSEARCA:JJC), United States Oil Fund LP (ETF) (NYSEARCA:USO), and the Market Vectors Agribusiness (ETF) (NYSEARCA:MOO). These same sectors will usually come under selling pressure when the U.S. Dollar Index is strong.

Nicholas Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Citigroup says, ?We are upgrading SWY to Buy, from Neutral, based on:
1) a return to eating at home, and pharmacy share gains;
2) gross margin expansion from moderating inflation, falling gas prices, and reduced shrink;
and 3) continued cost discipline.

Read The Full Story:

http://www.benzinga.com/analyst-rati...#ixzz1vWhqFmyR

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Facebook Sued for $15 Billion over Alleged Privacy Infractions...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Stock market continued to suffer from the Greece headline this past week, where the S&P500 fell for six straight days and posted its worst weekly return (-4.3%) since late November 2011. On the other hand, bonds market strengthened as the 10yr Treasury yield moved in coincident with weaker stocks performance, and the benchmark is currently trading at its lowest level ever in the history at 1.71 as of this Friday. Aside from the technical, Thursday's economic releases pointed to a longer slowdown for business activities, where both the leading indicators (-0.1% vs. 0.1% est.) and the Philly Fed (-5.8 vs. 10.0 est.) turned below their horizons since September 2011. Looking forward next week, stocks will continue to challenge with the 1290 technical level on the SPX, as a major Fibonacci retracement level of this rally; and the Michigan sentiment reading will be the key mover for rate products.

Technical Highlights:
? Stocks took their biggest hit for the year; however, a short-term rebound is expected as the S&P reached its head-and-shoulders downside target, approx. 1290, which is also the major mark for number of technical readings (i.e. the 50% and 61.8% Fibonacci ratio, and the peak of Oct. 2011).
? Stocks are near their bearish extreme, which reflected from the low reading on percentage of stocks above 50 day moving average for individual securities.
? RSMCs fall sharply as defensive stocks start to follow with the direction of the overall market, which is signaling that the end of the trend is near.
? Stocks traded modestly lower across different sectors, defensive stocks continue to be the key player forward looking.
? The 10yr is trading at its historical low level; Rate products are showing massive unusual movement (negative correlation) between the long-term and short-term maturity bonds.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
For those who believe that we are experiencing only a small correction to the main trend, Dollar Tree (DLTR) may signify a promising entry. This company, which represents a low-cost shop concept, has gained high visibility and had an exponential growth, about 600% since 2008.

This title is technically interesting, being guided by the basic technical signs: supports, resistances and trendlines. This trendline, which has guided a big part of this ascendant path, maintains the consistency and continues to serve as a reference. After reached a new high around $ 105, it happened the same as in the previous three tops, responding with a retraction. What happened before, and what can be expected to happen again, is that this retraction could serve to gain a new breath, breaking then the resistance and seeking for a new top.

Helping this retraction can be the closeness to the ascending trendline, which should also serve as a support. This significant declines that occurred in the last two sessions were made with weak volumes, which is relevant because can mean that this movement was only a profit-taking. Soon we shall see some definition in the market trend. For now, until proven otherwise, we continue in a strong bull market and the main entrances should follow this main

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Friday was day 13 for the dollar?s daily cycle.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
MENLO PARK, CA (Via The Borowitz Report) May 18, 2012

On the eve of Facebook?s IPO, Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg published the following letter to potential investors:

Dear Potential Investor:

For years, you?ve wasted your time on Facebook. Now here?s your chance to waste your money on it, too.

Today is Facebook?s IPO, and I know what some of you are thinking. How will Facebook be any different from the dot-com bubble of the early 2000?s?

For one thing, those bad dot-com stocks were all speculation and hype, and weren?t based on real businesses. Facebook, on the other hand, is based on a solid foundation of angry birds and imaginary sheep.

Second, Facebook is the most successful social network in the world, enabling millions to share information of no interest with people they barely know.

Third, every time someone clicks on a Facebook ad, Facebook makes money. And while no one has ever done this on purpose, millions have done it by mistake while drunk. We totally stole this idea from iTunes.

Finally, if you invest in Facebook, you?ll be far from alone. As a result of using Facebook for the past few years, over 900 million people in the world have suffered mild to moderate brain damage, impairing their ability to make reasoned judgments. These will be your fellow Facebook investors.

With your help, if all goes as planned today, Facebook?s IPO will net $100 billion. To put that number in context, it would take JP Morgan four or five trades to lose that much money.

One last thing: what will, I, Mark Zuckerberg, do with the $18 billion I?m expected to earn from Facebook?s IPO? Well, I?m considering buying Greece, but that would still leave me with $18 billion. LOL.

Friend me,

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

And much more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

And a LOT more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

This video PROVES it

97k on Apple
93k on Google
104k on Priceline

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Just go here to access your list of top 50 trending stocks!

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
I've been buying stocks for the past 20 years, but recently started to get interested in shorting stocks. With the help of shortzilla I've been making some nice profits lately, but wanted to reach out to the forum.

First anyone have any good recommendations-as far as shorts go?

I was short $CALL and that has worked out wonderfully. Looking forward to connecting to others who live on the dark side!

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
To sum it up, 3 reasons why risk/reward is favorable

1) stock is sold to distressed levels because of margin calls
2) stock is supported by one of the most famous investments in China. Also known as "China's woman Warren Buffet"
3) MSCI rebalance at the end of this month will create artificial & temporary selling pressure creating the perfect opportunity to buy the stock.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The stock has been in a downtrend, in all-time frames long, medium and short-terms. I don't see any initial signs of trend-reversal in this stock. Only a decisive daily close above 3.6 will mitigate the stock's short-term downtrend and push the stock higher to 4 and later on to 4.3

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The stock has been in a downtrend since its all-time high of $18.16, marked in March. Both short and medium-term trends are also down for the stock. Nevertheless, the stock is hovering just above its long-term support band between $12.31 and $12.7. Investors with short and medium-term perspectives can hold the stock with stop-loss at $12.31.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
John Paulson's Paulson & Co is now largest holder with 9.02%..... increased its stake 35% last quarter.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Valuation
PE Ratio --> 6.1 (Good)
Price to Book --> 1.17 (Good)
PEG Ratio --> 0.53 (Good)
PE Ratio Among its competitors --> Low (Good)
PE Ratio * Price To Book --> 7.14 (Good)

Financial Health
Current ratio --> 1.61 (Good)
Debt to Equity --> 0.49 (Average)
Net Current Assets --> 1509.4
Long Term Debt --> 1331
Net Current Assets Greater than Long Term Debt --> (Good)
Cash From Operation --> -280.5 million (Bad)
Cash From Financing Activities --> 93.4 million (Average)
Market Cap --> 3.8 Billion

Dividend History
10 Years Non-Stop Payout --> NA
Dividend Yield --> NA

Management Efficiency
ROA --> 8.5% (Average)
ROE --> 20.6% (Good)
ROI --> 13.1% (Good)
Operating Margin --> 7.26% (Average)

Fair Value Estimation (Discounted Cash Flow Model)
Operating Cash Flow: 504.2 Million (3 years average)
Total Debt: 1331 Million
Cash and Equivalent: 426.7 Million
Cash Flow Growth Rate (Based on consensus estimate from Reuters): 11.58%
Discount Rate: 9%
Fair Value: $49.81
Margin of Safety: 26.9%

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 18, 2012 - Netapp (NTAP)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Trading analysis video for Friday, May 18, 2012

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The "Chart of the Day" is Dorman Products (DORM), which showed up on Thursday's Barchart "All Time High" list. Dorman on Thursday posted a new all-time high of $52.04 and closed up 0.86%. TrendSpotter has been Long since May 2 at $49.66. In recent news on the stock, Dorman on Feb 21 reported fiscal Q4 EPS of 87 cents, well above the consensus of 76 cents. Dorman on May 15 declared a 2 for 1 stock split effective June 1 with a distribution date of June 15. Dorman Products, with a market cap of $880 million, is a leading supplier of OE Dealer `Exclusive` automotive replacement parts, automotive hardware, brake products, and household hardware to the Automotive Aftermarket and Mass Merchandise markets.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Just wanted to highlight an equity that IBD has featured on several occassions in the last 3 months. HMS Holdings Corp [HMSY] operates in the Recovery Audit Contrator space (or RAC for short).

The main case that IBD is making for HMSY is its contract with the Federal government to audit two of the big entitlement programs - Medicaid and Medicare. According to IBD, HMSY is a leader in this space. I suspect this may be a stock worthy of the watchlist as more and more babyboomers approach retirement age and qualify for Medicare. Also, should Barack win reelection there is virtually zero chance Obamacare would get repealed meaning several million more individuals making claims for government reimbursement. This would likely translate into a boon for firms in this space such as HMSY.

Here's one article on the topic that provides a nice cursory overview. Perform your own due diligence before trading.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
It was certainly an ugly day on Wall Street on Thursday. The McClellan Oscillator is down another 79 points, minus 310, which is extremely oversold. In fact, it's the second most oversold reading since last November, and the third most oversold reading in the last year and a half.

We're at a point where, if it gets any lower Friday morning, it could be a buying point for a snapback. I'm pretty sure we should see it happen somewhere between Friday and Monday. Friday is Option's Expiration Day, and it may still be an ugly day, but in the next 24 – 48 hours of trading, we're going to start to see the market do some kind of snapback. It wouldn't hurt to get some good news out of Europe for a change.

For now, however, we're going to take a look at some of the longs, and many of those are ultra-shorts, but, of course, we're buying the ultra-shorts long.

The Direxion Daily Large Cap Bear 3X Shares (BGZ) broke out in April after the big falling wedge, backed and filled, retested, ran up to the declining topsline, and popped out about a week ago. It pulled back and held for a couple days, and then rocketed. Just in the last five sessions, it's gone from 21 1/2 all the way up to 24.77. Most importantly is that it broke through two layers of resistance. The next target is up near 26, and the secondary target is at 28 3/4.

The Direxion Daily Financial Bear 3X Shares (FAZ) was also in a big declining channel. It ran up to the 50-day moving average and the gap at price resistance, pulled back and retested, and also failed at 50, and then pulled all the way back and tested the triple bottom around 20.00. That was successful, and since then, it moved up to nearly 28. In the last two days, it's gone from 24 to 27.74, up 1.61, or 6%, on 26 million shares.

One of the important things to remember is when there's a down-move like this, and the declining moving average continues to drop, and suddenly they change, flatten out, and turn around and cross over, it's extremely bullish. One of the reasons this stock had this move up is because of the moving average crossover. That goes for most of the ultra-shorts on today's Charts for the Day.

Stocks on the Short Side...

Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) dropped 10.03 to 394.50, or 2 1/2%, on Thursday. This is the worst close we've seen on this stock since back in March. With the falling channel that it's in, and the market the way it is, if it gets a further downside move, it may get down into the 382-3 range short-term.

Life Time Fitness Inc. (LTM) was put out on the short side, it spiked down 1.23 to 42.69, or 2.8%, and now the target on this one is down around 40, and you may want to take this 7 points short.

Other stocks in our Charts for the Day are the Direxion Daily Emrg Mkts Bear 3X Shares (EDZ), VelocityShares Daily 2x VIX ST ETN (TVIX), ProShares Ultra VIX Short-Term Futures ETF (UVXY), Citi Trends (CTRN), FriendFinder Networks Inc. (FFN), Kongzhong Corp. (KONG), the Direxion Daily Small Cap Bear 3X Shares (TZA), Gardner Denver Inc. (GDI), A. Schulman, Inc. (SHLM), American Public Education, Inc. (APEI), Stocks on the short side include Constellation Brands Inc. (STZ), Joy Global, Inc. (JOY).

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
FACEBOOK! IPO tomorrow. Should be fun to watch, but knowing me I'll trade it some how. Sold GWBU for profit this morning, only to watch it close strong, of course. Watch the 1.65 spot as another breakout spot. May play again tomorrow if she goes. APS supporting it really well. Still holding ELTP & NEOM. Lost $50 on ARRY as it setup beautifully for 4 break mid-day but didn't go, so cut loss early, could have been $150 loss if I gave it space. Learn to cut those losses early, you'll be much better off.

FFN beauty today. Called the hod break about 1.30 and the past few days resistance 1.35 break before it ran to 1.75. Also nailed the DGRI bounce off .002 to .003, didn't play it cause Ameritrade restricted it, but I suggested the entry and exit for 40/50% gain. A few gold miners had some action this morning; and former runner ATRN was hot into close. Decent day for a red day in the overall markets.

Main watches for Friday:

GWBU FFN FB ATRN

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The stock market indices moved sharply lower within confined channels and each rally failed at resistance. They had a 5-wave move today, with the 5th wave being the steepest, closing at the lows for the day going away. It can't get much worse than today's action.

It was a very nasty day on Wall Street, to say the least.

Net of the day, the Dow was down 156.06 at 12,442.49, the S&P 500 down 19.94 at 1304.86, and the Nasdaq 100 down a whopping 52.51 at 2509.05, which was more than 2% for the NDX today.

Advance-declines were 6 to 1 negative on the New York Stock Exchange, and about 4 1/2 to 1 negative on Nasdaq. Up/down volume was 8 to 1 negative on New York. Nasdaq also had an 8 to 1 negative volume ratio.

It was extremely negative. With the McClellan Oscillator already at -233 last evening, I'm expecting to see the steepest oversold reading on the indices I've seen in quite a long time, and perhaps a set-up for a sharp snapback rally.

Right now, momentum is to the downside. The indices continue to fall as I stated in the last week or two. I expected the indices to fall into this timeframe. Perhaps tomorrow or Monday could be a pivot point where we could snap back from.

TheTechTrader.com board was mostly down today. Leading the way to the downside, Apple Inc. (AAPL) dropped another 15.96 to 530.12, the exact low for the day, and 17 1/2 points off its high. It is now down 114 points from its high the last month or so.

Other losers of note included Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG), one of our Boxer Shorts, down 10.03 to 394.50. Google Inc. (GOOG) was down 5.88 to 623.05, and that traded up 9.00 earlier, so a 14-point negative reversal there. Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) lost another 2.23 to 71.97. Universal Display Corp. (PANL) is falling hard here, down 3.40 to 28.82. Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN) was down 5.70 to 218.36. Goldman Sachs (GS) lost 1.12 to 97.08. International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) dropped 1.84 to 197.89.

Other point-plus losers of note included Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (DNKN) down 1.07 to 31.41. Cobalt International Energy, Inc. (CIE) lost 1.04 to 20.20. Sourcefire, Inc. (FIRE) gave back another 2.22 to 50.93. Cheniere Energy, Inc. (LNG) lost 1.40 to 14.03 and cracked hard today. Pharmacyclics Inc. (PCYC), which was up to 31.00 this morning, rolled over hard and closed at 28.14, down 1.17, nearly 3.00 off its high. SodaStream International Ltd. (SODA) lost 1.72 to 30.06. VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) lost 1.07 to 28.98, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (VRTX) was down 1.34 to 61.37. VIVUS Inc. (VVUS) got slammed for 1.31 to 22.90.

As you can see, they are breaking down all across the board. Even the strongest momentum stocks are rolling over.

The Direxion Daily Small Cap Bull 3X Shares (TNA) got hammered for 3.49 to 46.28, and The Direxion Daily Financial Bull 3X Shares (FAS) was down 5.17 to 77.53. The ProShares UltraShort Silver (ZSL) broke down 4.78 to 67.97.

On the upside, low-priced FriendFinder Networks Inc. (FFN) was up 56 cents to 1.71, or 48.7%, on 5.3 million shares, and Galena Biopharma, Inc. (GALE) jumped 35 cents to 1.60, or 28%, on 7.2 million shares.

Ctrip.com International Ltd. (CTRP) advanced 1.26 to 20.91. Millennial Media Inc. (MM) gained 1.00 even to 12.44. Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD) ran 1.55 to 52.41.

The ultra-shorts had a big day. The ProShares Ultra VIX Short-Term Futures ETF (UVXY) jumped 1.90 to 21.32. The Direxion Daily Small Cap Bear 3X Shares (TZA) was up 1.46 to 22.67, and the Direxion Daily Financial Bear 3X Shares (FAZ) was up 1.61 to 27.74.

Stepping back and reviewing the hourly chart patterns, the sell-off continued with abandon today as momentum increased to the downside. When support was broken early on, they did rally back to complete a 1st-wave, and then a 2nd-wave failing right at intra-day declining topsline moving averages. Then another steeper leg ensued, with an early afternoon snapback, failing once again at resistance on both the NDX and S&P 500.

That resulted in a late rollover that took the NDX from 2547 down to 2509 in the last couple hours. The S&P 500 dropped from 1320 to 1305 in that same timeframe, and closed at the lows going away. There was a negative 1407 on the New York Stock Exchange earlier in the session, but that failed to close enough of a rally to break them back out, and at the end of the session, they closed extremely negative.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow. We may be reaching a climatic-type sell off the lows shortly.

Good Trading!

Harry

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 17, 2012
By Doc Severson

What are some indications or patterns that will show us when the S&P500 is showing the final ?capitulation? for this corrective move?

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
I purchased 1000 shares at approximately $9.15 per share. I've seen a big loss in the stock since then (currently trading at $4.24). I don't know if I should cut my losses and reinvest into something with more potential or should I hold onto the stock and wait for a rebound.

What is your recommendation, I really appreciate the help.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Brown-Forman (BF.B) for May 17, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Brown-Forman (BF.B), which showed up on Wednesday's Barchart "All Time High" list. Brown Forman on Wednesday posted a new all-time high of $88.72 and closed up 0.59%. TrendSpotter has been long since March 27 at $83.72. In recent news on the stock, UBS on April 4 upgraded Brown-Forman to Buy from Neutral and raised its target to $98 from $83 due to higher revenue growth estimates and market share gains. Brown-Forman on March 7 reported fiscal Q3 EPS of 93 cents, below the consensus of $1.00, and said it sees net sales growth in Q4 in the high single digit range. Brown-Forman, with a market cap of $12.6 billion, is a producer and marketer of beverage alcohol brands including Jack Daniel's, Southern Comfort, Finlandia, Canadian Mist, Fetzer, Korbel, Gentleman Jack, el Jimador, Tequila Herradura, Sonoma-Cutrer, Chambord, Tuaca, Woodford Reserve, and Bonterra.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 17, 2012 - Yum Brands (YUM)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Been watching it for awhile. Right now is not my ideal time to go long on anything (except the VXX), I see overall market sentiment rolling over after a fantastic run from winter through this spring; and there are quite a few stocks that have me licking my chops right now, but ive been patient and not buying on the way down as of yet. UAN is the exception today. With a 9.4% dividend and a recent earnings that was decent i couldn't stand it.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 15, 2012 - Visa (V)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Hi,

Relying on state of the art artificial intelligence algorithms, we're starting a (free) market forecast service.

To pursue our business plan, we need to investigate the needs, qualities and quantities of our potential customers, and since you're all traders here, please take a moment to fill this form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...NHRVN2hXWnc6MQ

It's only 10 short questions! Thank you.

Note, this is part of a school assignment we have to do for a Business & Economics class. Since we're computer science students, we decided on a very lucrative (provided it is successful) business of providing *reliable* stock and other markets forecasts (obtained with the help of advanced AI algorithms). Please answer the survey as you would if it were a real, soon-to-become available service. You can make four girls and one guy tremendously thankful!

Note, since it's just a mock business, you needn't provide your email in the last question, but if you do, you may indeed be contacted when/if the service actually launches.

Thank you.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
I'm new here and a quick scan of the forums didn't show too much on this one.

Has this bottomed out yet? Looks like there is some insider buying, but so far that isn't turning into a rebound.

Is this the end of the drop, or just the end?

Thank you for any input!

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Apple is a title that I like to analyze because it is relatively straightforward, technically speaking. Since its IPO it has grown over 6000%, asserting itself as one of the most powerful companies in the world. Today, even after having lost its charismatic leader, remains in bull mode and nothing indicates that this cycle is close to a reversion.
Nevertheless, in the medium term is likely to experience a slight correction. The high amplitude of the trend line that had been forming since the beginning of the year resulted in an expected correction. Since the last peak, the volumes have been decreasing, showing that the main trend remains bullish. This slight correction is only the normal movement of some investors taking profits.

The price is currently in a support area, which could give the basis for a new upward momentum. My expectation goes for a rebound in this support area followed by a break down. Unlike the idea represented in the picture, I do not think that we?ll assist to a direct brake until the consistent long-term ascending trend line. It?s most likely to occur a lateralization until the trend line, followed then (probably) its upward course.

The current point seems to me relatively uncertain for opening a long position, since the supports between this point and the trend line are not relevant. If it reaches the trend line, then yes, it will be a good place to start a long position. Opening short positions in a title so bullish, completely against the prevailing trend, do not seem to be a reasonable option.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Still holding GWBU, wasn't thrilled with the performance by any means today. I posted a video series for members discussing bid support etc. Depending on the action in the morning I may be selling. Even if they do try to run it higher; it may need a major pullback first. Sold ORYN for a nice profit today. ELTP just boring me, but I know that as soon as I sell it would run to .20, And NEOM just sittin' there, no rush.

ROSG was absolutly gorgeous today. Called it first thing this morning in the chat room and then mentioned the first dip as well as when it broke the 3.00 high of day. Ran to almost $8.00 from there.

List for Thursday:

ROSG - Every dollar spot acting as s/r. Keep that in mind if you try to play. Might be good for both long and short opps tomorrow. Similar play to CLNT last month.

GWBU - APS play sadly may need a major washout before they try to continue it; if at all. Just be careful if you are long.

MCET - subby to watch, closed a bit better than I expected. Watch the .0045 spot and similar volume as today. Otherwise it fades off tomorrow.

NNVC - Was pumped today by another chat room; and he sent emails today after he bought at .62; sending it to .80. Closed .76, so watch for the .80 break to continue the move.

Market is pretty tough right now on longs, so always keep tight stops if you buy something. Better to take a small loss and play again later, instead of taking a big loss when you realize its not bouncing back.

Others to watch: ORYN XNPT NLST THLD RENN LTS AH IDIX RPRX

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Hello folks,

Just wanted to say hi with a quick introduction. As part of our class project, we are to survey stock market investors about their preferences and priorities in trading software. If you could please take a couple of minutes to answer this short survey, it would help us a great deal. To show our appreciation, you will receive a free ebook after you're done. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

LINK TO SURVEY

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

And much more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

This video PROVES it

97k on Apple
93k on Google
104k on Priceline

AND YOU CAN WATCH IT HERE

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
This title is currently presenting an interesting setup. With a fall of over 60% in about three months, it now seems to start stabilizing. After the descending trendline brake it started a triple bottom, based on a support at $ 4.69. This support was strong enough to withstand two attacks after the Lower-Low, further resulting in an extremely powerful upward movement of 57% a month, only slowed by a previous resistance.

When the movement seemed exhausted and falls seemed to be back, it formed an island reversal that led to a new upward movement and consequent resistance break.

Currently negotiating this title proves to be relatively simple, since it is over a support area and far from relevant resistance areas. One approach to the support can be used to a low risk entrance, as the exit zone would be very close. On the other hand, the retest could mean a slowdown in the upward force, which is not always a good sign. Anyway, with such a cost / benefit ratio it is definitely to keep an eye on it.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
GWBU is official APS pick now. I sold my TASR finally for a few bucks profit, was just ready to be done with it. Probably goes to 5.50 now but oh well. Bought GWBU 1.25 avg. Should have just bought yesterday when we saw the banner on the APS website; but after the RARS debacle I wanted to make sure. I gambled a bit buying shortly after open, but based on sister site emails I figured it was better to be in than not. Sure enough emails hit mid-morning and got it going. So obviously my main watch is GWBU. Here's the rest of the list for Wednesday:

BONT DSS FFN GLUU GWBU HOV MFTH PDO SNSS STRI TECUA TTDZ

Short list, market is all over the place; most ideas are coming straight off scan as volume hits. Join us in chat to get the ideas of scan live and see what I'm actually trading.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 16, 2012 - McGraw Hill (MHP)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Colgate-Palmolive (CL) for May 16, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Colgate-Palmolive (CL), which showed up on Tuesday's Barchart "All Time High" and "Gap Up" lists. Colgate-Palmolive on Tuesday posted a new all-time high of $101.82 and closed up 2.05%. TrendSpotter has been long since April 16 at $97.67. Colgate-Palmolive was last featured on "Chart of the Day' as of the close on August 29, 2011 when the stock was at $89.77. In recent news on the stock, Argus on May 15 upgraded Colgate-Palmolive to Buy from Hold with a price target of $118 based on emerging market opportunities, improving free cash flow, and expectations for continued stock repurchases and dividend increases. Colgate-Palmolive, with a market cap of $47 billion, is a leading global consumer products company, focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Household Surface Care, Fabric Care and Pet Nutrition.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The technical chart shows that the bears are fighting back. The stock managed to climb up above the 20-day SMA late in April after the earnings report but failed. A sharp correction has dropped the stock below its 20-day and 50-day SMAs, and the 600 level. As long as the stock trades above its rising 200-day SMA, the bulls will remain in the game. Looking at the chart, the technical indicators are looking bearish. The slow STO has fallen sharply towards its oversold zone and the MACD has dropped into negative territory below its signal line. In addition, the RSI has crossed below its 50% level. However, the stock closed today near its major support of 549 and we may see rally from this levels. Traders should go long using a stoploss below support and hope for targets of 578-589 means 4-6% gains in 1-2 weeks time frame. Any upward bounce towards the 50-day SMA is likely to be used as a selling opportunity by the bears.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Long Into Week 20 ? 100% Cash

AMGN ? 70.10 to 73.61

AMT ? 64.65 to 67.88

CYBX ? 39.68 to 41.66

DG ? 47.69 to 50.08

ESRX ? 55.19 to 57.95

FUL ? 31.72 to 33.31

WFM- 86.45 to 90.77

CMG ? bounce from 50-day

ISRG ? bounce from 50-day

MA ? bounce from 50-day

PCLN ? bounce from 50-day

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Today it publish results at the market close ... carefull

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - United Natural Foods (UNFI) for May 15, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is United Natural Foods (UNFI), which showed up on Monday's Barchart "All Time High" list. UNFI on Monday posted a new all-time high of $51.92 and closed +0.94%. In recent news on the stock, UNFI on March 6 reported Q2 EPS of 45 cents, above the consensus of 44 cents. RBC Capital on March 7 reiterated its Outperform rating on UNFI and said the shares should be bought on weakness, citing the company's stronger-than-expected Q2 results and that the company's margins "may have turned the corner." United Natural Foods, with a market cap of $2.5 billion, is the leading independent national distributor of natural foods and related products in the United States.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Dunkin' Brands Group (DNKN) for May 14, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Dunkin' Brands Group (DNKN), which showed up on Friday's Barchart "All Time High" list. Dunkin' on Friday posted a new all-time high of $33.81 and closed up 2.10%. TrendSpotter has been Long since March 8 at $30.19. In recent news on the stock, Dunkin' on May 4 announced major expansion plans in the UK with the addition of 80 new stores over the next three years. Dunkin' on April 26 reported Q1 EPS of 25 cents, above the consensus of 23 cents. The company said it expects to open 550-650 stores globally in FY2012. Dunkin' Brands Group, with a market cap of $4 billion, owns, operates, and franchises quick service restaurants worldwide. Its brands include Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Friday was day 8 for the dollar?s daily cycle.
This is the third daily cycle in the current intermediate cycle.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Members check in-depth watchlist to be posted soon, for details on my #1 watch tomorrow.

AFSE ARNA CLDX BDSI GWBU HTCH IDNG ISR JBII KERX KGJI LACO LSCG MBCI ORYN PVCT QASP STVI WEST XNPT

Still holding ELTP NEOM ORYN (free shares - sold my cost on Friday) TASR
and sadly a few RARS that I'm just going to forget about for a long time like POWT. LOL> Going to make good tax write-offs at the end of the year to offset some of my gains.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 14, 2012 - Home Depot (HD)

A Quick Takes Pro canary in the coal mine. Looks like it keeled over.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Sorry if this has been covered before. I am new to this forum so I have not looked at any old posts, but want to find out some tips that would be specific to my situation.

I am not a new investor, and have acumulated quite lot of stocks over the years. Maybe I haven't made mint on my picks but through luck (probably) I have made some good bets.

Some of my best buys have come when I was forced to execute a put. As is when the market was crashing I was forced to buy CAT at $30/share and forced to buy DIS at $30/share (etc..).

I am not afraid of being forced to buy a company I like, but I prefer to sell puts that I don't think will execute (or if they do execute will be at a price I like) for example, I sold a put on AAPL $310 (made me $2K for no risk as it turned out there was never even a hint of it going that low, but if it did execute I was OK).

So, with that as an example, are there any tips for what type of future puts to sell?

Also, I didn't tend to sell calls on my stocks as I was buy and hold. But I have gotten too fat on AAPL and CAT and I wouldn't mind selling some. IOW I will sell a future call on AAPL (I have sold two contracts one at $650 and one at $700 and got $2K for each) and I figured I would sell them at those prices any way. I know, I will lose on the upside, but I have 400+ so I don't mind if one or two execute and I can sell short puts if the price falls and get some money along the way.

I also have quite a lot of Altri (MO) which could sell calls on.

I am in a taxable account and I will owe capital gains, but I figure the cap gains tax cuts may expire this year and it wouldn't be the end of the world if some of my upside calls are executed, but I am not trying to sell the sahers at all costs either. I am a buy and hold guy so I am not afraid of holding my gainers forever.

Any questions or advice?

As I say, I prefer to SELL puts and SELL calls. I don't like paying for any options and can take my downside risks being long.

Phil

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Do you think it will hold up better than Groupon?

Do you think it is overpriced?

Thoughts, ideas...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Random Thoughts

NOTE: I'll be taking a break from the newsletter for a little while. I plan on resuming it on 05/25/12.

The market can't seem to lift its head off the bottom of its trading range. As I've been saying, when it's "on the edge of the cliff", it sure looks like it will jump.

We don't know that though. Yes, it looks ominous but I'd still avoid making any big picture predictions. As I've been saying, by now you probably should have some shorts working. If the market slides, then take partial profits on those and trail your stops lower. And, as usual, honor your stops on your existing longer.

Let the market tell your trading portfolio what to do by practicing the aforementioned proper money & position management.

Futures are weak pre-market.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
I was wondering your opinion on "Sell in May" strategy...

For some reason, I normally dont loose anything in May, but at the same time, I dont make anything either... May is usually Flat for me...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Reminder open Q&A seminar tonight 8PM Eastern. Join Us - First week Free!

Well unless something crazy happens RARS is done. A key lesson to learn here is to just take the loss if the trade isn't working. Its better to lose 20% than 99% when it slowly goes to .001 over the next few months. Save money for the next play. Yes, I lost some on RARS too. Even after selling half for profit the first day. I left $2,000 profit on the table on ARNA Friday. We nailed the bounce idea over 6, but I moved my stop up to even and stopped out a few minutes later only to watch it go up .40 after that. Let's get this week started better! Here's the list:

IZEA - nice follow thru on Friday, now needs over .70.

ARNA - Probably gaps up a little bit. Watch for volume on dips or hod b/o's.

VPIG - This is most likely going to crash soon, so be very careful if you are long. 2.30 resistance now. If it doesn't get over that in the morning I might look to short it.

CMXI - might gap up a bit again. Same idea as ARNA, watch dips or hod b/o's on volume. If the volume isn't there on dips, it may be due for a bigger pullback. More in chat.

GWBU - Just an awesome mover. Inching up, and huge volume on Friday. Always good signs that this could keep going a few more days; if not turn into something bigger.

WEST - solid bounce on Friday, will be watching for follow thru to long it.

KERX - needs over 2.00. Big gap to fill. Might be worth swinging if it closes above 2 tomorrow. Not saying it will go back to 5.00 soon, but 2.50/3 is not out of the question as it tries to come off bottom.

XNPT - finally brokeout from watchlist idea earlier last week. Watching for follow thru.

BBW - Testing the 5.00 spot again, might get the breakout and push tomorrow.

MNTX - Watch the 10.00 spot for a 52 week high break out:

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Coca Cola. Been following this for a while now and it just keeps going up, hitting 52 week highs over and over, including today. I should have bought a while back but I am in today @ 64.23.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The Current daily cycle is on day 4.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The stock looks to have solid support at these prices and should start to trend higher from here. It's trading within a rising channel. FORM's stock has just touched the bottom of the channel and rebounced from there. In addition, the accumulation line starts to turn up, RSI is above 50 and has broken above its downtrend line. This company is in the midst of a turnaround and I expect the stock price to start to rise in anticipation. Early this month the Davidson initiated the stock with a "Buy" rating and a price target of $12. They believe FormFactor is ready for "a return to profitability as the industry recovers and could more than double within just a year.

Name: sc.jpg Views: 798 Size: 93.8 KB

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Coca Cola Femsa (KOF) is the company that deals with the famous soft drink bottling. Since its IPO, 16 years ago, grew by 1500%! The biggest break since then was around 50% in the last bear market. Nevertheless, if we look at the long-term chart, it becomes amazing how regular this upward journey was!

Analyzing the medium term, over the past two years the title got support from an upward trend line, which already has seven touch points (in four distinct areas). The TL looks very solid and can be a good indicator of long-term growth, since it has a very realistic amplitude.

Earlier this year it activated a bullish flag and since then has been fulfilling its linear projection. Unfortunately, the projection has been recently achieved, and this projection turned out to be a new high and consequent resistance. My guess goes for a brake to the trend line, a new consolidation movement and then new bullish swing. Both the TL touch and the resistance break are possible entry points.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
I posted Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.(NASDAQ:ARNA) for my readers and twice for my twitter followers. Yesterday the stock rose more than 73% hitting a high of $7.01 closing at $6.36 with 74 Million of shares changing hands. Congratulations to those locking in some profits. Truly some amazing profit potential if you had purchased when it was published in my blog on Tuesday ( Here is my blog post ) That is what this blog is all about. I do think ARNA can continue to surge but it never hurts to take some profits off the table.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Random Thoughts

I'm disappointed that the market rallied but came back in. I hate to read too much into a flat day though. The market is sitting on the bottom of its sideways range. Futures are weak pre-market so it looks like we'll challenge support once again.

So what do we do?

The correction, so far, has seemed somewhat orderly. As usual though, honor your stops and practice proper money management just in case.

Since the big arrow is pointing sideways, you probably want to be selective on any new positions--use the "Stock Selecto Meter" for guidance. If you've been reading this newsletter and/or are on my service, then you probably have a few shorts on. Trail and scale on those as offered.

Again, as mentioned here and in the webinar, let the ebb and flow should help to automatically adjust your portfolio.

For the aggressive and nimble, watch for an opening gap reversal (or early morning reversal) since the futures are weak.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 11, 2012 - HJ Heinz (HNZ)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

And much more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

And a LOT more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

This video PROVES it

97k on Apple
93k on Google
104k on Priceline

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com Morning Call for Friday, May 11, 2012

Overnight Developments

E-mini S&Ps are down -8.00 points (-0.59%) this morning on JPMorgan's $2 billion trading loss and weaker-than-expected Chinese retail sales and industrial production data. Commodity prices are trading lower across the board. The dollar is mildly higher by +0.13 points (+0.16%) on increased safe-haven demand. JPMorgan after Thursday's close publicly disclosed that it had a $2 billion trading loss on a synthetic credit securities position. JPMorgan's stock is down about 6% in European pre-market trading.
European stocks are trading lower with the Euro Stoxx 50 down -0.73%, also undercut by the JPMorgan news, the Chinese economic data, and the fifth day of Greek attempts to form a government. The European Commission today released updated forecasts that the Eurozone economy in 2012 will decline by -0.3%, which was unchanged from its forecast in February. The Commission is forecasting a return to positive growth in 2013 with GDP growth of +1%. The Commission is forecasting GDP growth for this year of -4.7% for Greece, -1.8% for Spain, -1.4% for Italy, and -3.3% for Portugal.
Italy today successfully sold 10 billion euros of Treasury bills, meeting its target and not running into any problems. Spanish Prime Minister Rajoy later today is expected to announce details of a new bank cleanup plan.
The markets today are awaiting talks by Socialist Pasok Leader Venizelos with New Democracy leader Samaras to see if Pasok, New Democracy and Democratic Left can form a coalition government. Mr. Venizelos had positive talks yesterday with Democratic Left leader Kouvelis. Those three parties together easily have a working majority in Parliament that can create a government that intends to affirm the basic tenets of the bailout requirements and keep Greece in the Eurozone.
China released several economic reports overnight. China's April CPI eased to +3.4% y/y from +3.6% y/y, which was in line with the market consensus. April industrial eased to +11.0% y/y from +11.6% y/y in March and was weaker than the market consensus of +11.7% y/y. April retail sales eased to +14.1% y/y from +15.2% in March and was weaker than market expectations of +15.1%.
Asian stock markets today closed lower across the board: Japan -0.63%, Hong Kong -1.30%, China -0.76%, Taiwan -1.10%, Australia -0.24%, Singapore -0.70%, South Korea -1.51%, India -0.77%.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN) is an extremely interesting title from the technical point of view, for his standard linear growth with few variations over the last three and a half years, period during which grew over 500%. Although this movement could be already a bit exhausted, the sky is the limit and it seems to be creating a repeating pattern.

In the last three times it reached a top, it ended up having a slight decline, followed by a breaking up for a new high. These downturns have led to a rising trend line of medium / long term. Despite not having many points of contact, has proved to be effective. Notice that, in each retraction volume decreased, increasing immediately afterwards, demonstrating a clear bullish signal.

There is currently doing a new retraction after a top, with gradually decreasing volume, and closer to the trend line.
It seems to me a clear buying opportunity, if it approaches to the trend line. Despite being a biotech, with all the inherent risks, the risk / benefit ratio is

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
As most of us know Facebook's IPO is not far away. I've heard a lot of discussion going on about when to buy Facebook shares. Should you buy them on the IPO date itself or should you wait a couple of days?

A other interesting thing I heard is to buy shares of companies who already have a stake in Facebook before the IPO.

What do you think is best?

-Don't buy at all
-Buy shares of companies that already have a stake in Facebook
-Buy Facebook shares on the IPO date
-Buy Facebook shares a couple of days after the IPO date

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
LOL at RARS, going to screw everyone. Maybe, who knows. Yesterday everyone screams its the new APS, now everyone screams I told you it wasn't. Best part is it still could be, as VictoryMark sent out another round of emails tonight, and they have ties to the APS family. Its really anybody's guess from here. We'll see what the price action says in the morning.
Still holding ORYN, TASR, ELTP, NEOM as well. Details of my current holdings, and plans (members only)

Here's the list for Friday, and hoping that a miracle comes to RARS via APS? EH EH, drinking beers tonight for sure!

ARNA - Huge news today on FDA panel suggested their weight loss drug be approved. Up about 90% after hours. Learned that one member '43north' actually held through and is up big right now. Props to him. Makes my gap up sell yesterday not so hot. Anyway, watch dips as there should be plenty of sellers looking to cash in. Probably just day-trade dips, may hold a few o/n depending on how it closes.

GWBU - Still inching up. A bunch of little promoters claiming its the next big thing, but again who knows. No confirmed big promo yet.

ORYN - This is the same group as STVF & STEV, watch dips, not necessarily a breakout buy unless volume picks back up. No guarantee it runs crazy, but I'm holding a few from .95 in case it does.

DYN - coming off bottom. Watch the .48/.50 levels, as if these fall .60 is not out of the question.

IZEA - alerted bounce watch yesterday under .20, now .50. Not sure where it goes from here, but watch for the momentum follow through, todays hod break.

TTDZ - sub-penny to watch. A little action into close today, and just ran last friday. Could we get another Friday run? Needs over .002 again. (this company is a scam in all means of the word based on past events. Day-Trade Only if you play)

VPIG - Virtual Piggy! More like Virtual Bull! This thing won't stop. Not a breakout buy anymore. I'm sure plenty are looking to short it, so watch for any major pullbacks for quick bounces at this point.

BDLR - Possibly setting up for the next leg higher. Needs over 4.50.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
TSYS is a potential swing I've been looking at closely. Very steep downward momentum last week, buyers took over around 1.6 and currently in upward swing. Candle closed at today's high, bulls are still in control.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
RARS

I think that's all you need tonight. Last time I did a one stock watchlist was AWSR and we all know how that turned out; as they pulled it completely and it tanked. This time will be different I believe. Members I will post an in-depth watchlist giving my thoughts on it plus a few others in later tonight.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The Facebook IPO is scheduled to debut late next week. This is possibly the most anticipated IPO since Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG). While the hype of Facebook makes it a high risk buy at the debut price, there are other ways to swing trade the social networking stock. Both Zynga Inc (NASDAQ:ZNGA) and Groupon Inc (NASDAQ:GRPN) are trading at all time lows. In theory, the hype of the Facebook IPO over the next week should lift these stocks as much as 10-15%. Considering where these social networking stocks are trading, this may be the smartest way to swing the Facebook IPO. The trade would be to buy these stocks in the next few days and sell the day of the Facebook IPO.

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Their iPad solar charger attachment is coming out. No real competition. Trading in low-mid $3. Bargain.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Facebook to remain private, after a $500 Million investment from Goldman Sachs and a Russian investor according to the article I've linked to.

Both good and bad, in my opinion. Bad because all the people that use it can't invest in it. Good because it keeps him and the company's finances out of the spotlight. Facebook has filed seven "Notice to sell shares" Regulation D filings since 2005, (Facebook's SEC filings) and will soon file its eighth for Goldman Sachs. The investment could be strictly for growth and to allow them to remain private; or the company could be in need of capital to stay functional until its advertising revenue builds up. Average investors will have to wait until Facebook does go public to understand the company's financial situation.

In the mean time; the good news for investors; is that you can still buy shares of the company through Sharespost.com; a website devoted to creating a secondary market for private equities. The catch is you must be an accredited investor; as rule 501 of Regulation D of the 1933 Securities Act dictates. It is commonly believed; certain individuals of high net worth are more likely to be able to understand the risks associated with purchasing private equity. Currently you must be part of a corporation with $5 Million in assets, be an individual with over $1 Million in assets, or make $200,000 a year to be considered an accredited investor. Unfortunately the average investor who works a 9-5 job and uses the social networking site to stay in touch with friends will have to wait a little longer before they can buy a few shares. When the time is appropriate Facebook is set up to be one of the hottest IPO's so far this century.

According to Sharespost, Facebook stock has recently sold between $15-$25 per share, but is currently listed with bids between $44 and $50 after the recent transaction.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Random Thoughts

The Ps once again probed support but managed to survive. Still, the market did end over ?% lower.

The big arrow is pointing sideways. For those who don't understand my most favorite indicator, this means that the market has been trading in a sideways range. It'll look a little ominous when it is down towards the bottom of its range as it is now. However, it's important not to make any big picture predictions when it remains in the range.

So what do we do?

Continue to let the market guide you. Honor your stops on existing longs and trail your stops lower/take partial profits on shorts. Following the ebb and flow should help to automatically adjust your portfolio. I'm going to flesh this out later today in the chart show.

I'm still not seeing any exciting new setups at this juncture. This is the market telling me to stay out while it finds its way. And, it pays to listen.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 10, 2012 - Intuit (INTU)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Walt Disney (DIS) for May 10, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Walt Disney (DIS), which showed up on Thursday's Barchart "All Time High" list. Disney on Wednesday posted a new all-time high of $45.80 and closed up 1.63%. TrendSpotter just turned Long on Tuesday at $44.30. In recent news on the stock, RBC Capital on Wednesday reiterated its Outperform and raised its target to $50 from $45, citing the likelihood that its successful Avengers film will spark strong sequels and boost the momentum of other Disney movies and character franchises. Disney on Wednesday reported Q2 EPS ex-items of 58c, above the consensus of 55 cents. Disney, with a market cap of $78 billion, is a diversified worldwide entertainment company with operations in five business segments: Media Networks, StudioEntertainment, Theme Parks and Resorts, Consumer Products and Internet and Direct Marketing.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 8, 2012 - Wells Fargo (WFC)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
China Nepstar Enters Into Strategic Cooperation Agreement with ATMU to Install More Than 1,000 ATMs in Nepstar Stores

SHENZHEN, China, Nov. 3 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. (NYSE: NPD - News; "China Nepstar" or the "Company"), the largest drugstore chain in China based on the number of directly operated stores, today announced that it has entered into a strategic cooperation agreement with ATMU (China) Technology Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of ATMU Inc., one of the largest ATM operators in China, to install ATMs in Nepstar stores.

This cooperation will not only provide convenience to customers and generate rental revenue for China Nepstar, but will also help increase store traffic and accelerate the development of electronic payment services at Nepstar stores. ATMU plans to complete initially 1,000 ATM installations in China Nepstar's existing stores by end of 2010.

ATMU Inc. is one of the largest ATM operators, ATM media service providers and ATM maintenance providers in China. ATMU Inc.'s strategic business partner, Postal Savings Bank of China, is the fifth largest commercial bank in China. Established on what was the financial services network of the China Post Bureau, Postal Savings Bank of China provides full commercial banking services to more than one billion residents in rural and urban markets across mainland China

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
I just saw a streaming news article about fertilizer stocks being out of favor, as if some kind of bubble has burst and everyone let's run for the hills. These talking heads are supposed be professionals, aren't they?

If you look at the charts for POT, CF, MOS, AGU, etc. you'll see that they have been in an uptrend for 3+ years with higher highs and higher lows the whole way.

It's not as if we're going to replace food with something different, the way we replace our SUVs with Priuses.

Automakers and banks "fell out of favor". Fertilizer stocks are taking a breather before the next surge. Enjoy the breakout!

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Probably the better trade is short the EUR/JPY currency pair.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Watch the Tweezers!

May 9, 2012
By Doc Severson

As I produce today?s video, so far the price is/was showing a ?Tweezer Bottom.? This is caused when the candlesticks create what looks to be a set of tweezers, and is shows that the early selling pressure was pushed back on two consecutive days. We?ll see how today ends up, but so far this pattern could mark a short-term swing bottom in anticipation of the FOMC Chairman?s comments tomorrow.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 7, 2012 - Baidu (BIDU)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
When investing in the car sector I see much potential in Geely, Tata Motors and Porsche. On my website I explained why I think these companies offer great investment opportunities.

http://www.sigward.nl/1/post/2012/04...facturers.html

I was wondering which car manufacturers stocks are a good investment in your opinion and why?

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Anyone know the symbol for this one yet?

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 9, 2012 - Foot Locker (FL)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
archart.com's Chart of the Day - Henry Schein (HSIC) for May 9, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Henry Schein (HSIC), which showed up on Tuesday's Barchart "All Time High" list. Henry Schein on Tuesday posted a new all-time high of $78.16 and closed up 3.75%. TrendSpotter has been long since April 27 at $77.29. In recent news on the stock, Henry Schein on May 8 reported Q1 adjusted EPS of 98 cents, above the consensus of 91 cents, and raised its FY2012 EPS guidance to $4.30-4.40 from $4.25-4.34. SunTrust on April 26 initiated coverage on Henry Schein with a Neutral. Henry Schein, with a market cap of $6.7 billion, is the largest distributor of healthcare products and services to office-based healthcare practitioners in the combined North American and European markets.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Random Thoughts

The Ps took out short-term support but then reversed to close above it. This action scores as a minor positive. However, it doesn't matter. Futures are getting whacked pre-market.

The weak open might actually be a good thing. As I've been saying, I'd like to see this market gap sharply lower and then have the mother of all reversals. This would shake out some nervous longs, make existing shorts feel good, and attract some new shorts. The rally would then subsequently squeeze them out.

So what do we do?

Although a big picture top still appears to remain in place, I'd still avoid making any big picture decisions. As usual, take things one day at a time.

By now, you should have a few shorts on. That should help to mitigate losses in left over longs. Let the market guide you. Honor your stops on existing longs and trail your stops lower/take partial profits on shorts. Following the ebb and flow should help to automatically adjust your portfolio.

As far as new setups, I'm not seeing anything exciting at this juncture. This used to bum me out. Now, I just know it's the market telling me to stay out while it finds its way.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Video to be posted tonight on KWK. Textbook late-day setup to learn from. Speaking of KWK I took a small loss this morning on the gap down after the earnings report. I sold XOMA today too for profit. Bought ARNA*, planned to sell it, but it closed plenty strong so held overnight. Also bought ORYN as its looking like it may get picked up by a big promoter soon. (no not the new APS, think STVF) Just a speculation play at this point. Bought some TASR as well for a swing. Closed over 5, a key resistance spot. Still holding ELTP and NEOM. The list for Wednesday:

ARNA AEMD BBW BWEN DOMK EAHC EMWW GV HENC ISIM JMBA KDSM KGJI KWK MRNA NNVC NWK OMX ORYN PBOF QUIK RARS SPMD SQNS SVNT TASR VRML XNPT XRMB

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy"

And much more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

And a LOT more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

This video PROVES it

97k on Apple
93k on Google
104k on Priceline

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Daily Market Commentary for May 8, 2012

Will the eventual regulation by the FTC be a 'Do Not Track' option or a 'Do Not Collect' option? (read more at Millennium-Traders.Com)
http://www.millennium-traders.com/ne...ommentary.aspx

According to CoreLogic, U.S. home prices edged up 0.6% in March, the first monthly rise since July 2011 representing a year-on-year fall of 0.6%. Excluding distressed home sales, month-over-month home prices increased for the third month consecutive month. "This spring the housing market is responding to an improving balance between real estate supply and demand which is causing stabilization in house prices," said Mark Fleming, chief economist for CoreLogic. "Although this has been the case in each of the last two years, the difference this year is that stabilization is occurring without the support of tax credits and in spite of a declining share of REO sales."

As part of a $25 billion foreclosure abuse settlement, big banks are mailing letters offering to cut mortgage debt for hundreds of thousands of borrowers - actions overseen by state attorneys general, U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan. "There are thousands of families that have already benefited and hundreds of thousands more that are now getting these letters, not just from Bank of America, but they are being mailed from all of the five banks," Donovan said at a Senate Banking Committee hearing. Banks involved in the settlement are Bank of America Corp. (BAC:NYSE), Wells Fargo & Co. (WFC:NYSE), J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (JPM:NYSE), Citigroup Inc. (C:NYSE) and Ally Financial Inc. Bank of America executives alone are offering mortgage principal reduction to as many as 200,000 borrowers.

Shaun Donovan, secretary for the U.S. Housing and Urban Development Department, told lawmakers at a Senate Banking Committee hearing on Tuesday that there are large barriers to borrowers participating in the HARP program, and that he backed legislation introduced by Sen. Robert Menendez, Democrat of New Jersey, to seek to reduce costs even more for borrowers and lenders including a provision that would eliminate appraisal costs for borrowers in all markets. On Tuesday, Donovan, joined by President Barack Obama supported efforts to expand refinancing opportunities. Obama called on Congress to act on a 'to-do list' including passing legislation to help underwater borrowers. At the end of Q4 2011 roughly 11 million U.S. residential properties were 'under water' with borrowers owing more on their mortgages than their homes were worth. The legislation also seeks to allow certain higher-equity Fannie and Freddie borrowers to participate, noting that many people who do not owe more than their mortgage is worth are blocked from refinancing because they have other debts or second mortgages. Donovan is also pushing for another provision in the bill that would seek to reduce additional barriers to competition by directing Fannie and Freddie to lower litigation risk for lenders who refinance loans they did not originate. ?One of the key barriers we have is that [mortgage] servicers who don?t have that loan or service that loan are being discouraged from refinancing that loan,? according to Donovan. ?There are a number of changes we can make there, underwriting changes there to lower cost of refinancing.? Democrats argue that the provisions in the Menendez legislation could be implemented by the Federal Housing Finance Agency, the regulator that oversees government-seized Fannie and Freddie, without an act of Congress. Democrats contend that the legislation could drive FHFA and its chief Ed DeMarco to move on the motion. A number of Democratic lawmakers cite comments made by Columbia University Professor Christopher Mayer who estimated that nearly 11.6 million new refinancings could take place based on the provisions in the Menendez legislation. Mayer said that it could hike profits to Fannie and Freddie by potentially preventing nearly 400,000 foreclosures. Republicans on the committee said they were willing to work with Democrats to create bipartisan legislation, but raised concerns indicating that they may try to tackle much-larger initiatives along with the Menendez legislation all of which could bog down the bill and limit or delay its chance of passage.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Have You Seen This Movie Before?

May 7, 2012
By Doc Severson

Between Friday?s poor Jobs report and the news from Europe this weekend, it?s no wonder why everyone is on edge?.but these are just common moves that all markets make?.from small pullbacks to full-blown Bear Markets. You just have to zoom out to see the entire landscape of what?s happening, and not let these little wiggles cause your brain to go into ?defense? mode!

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Random Thoughts

I'm a little concerned that we may have seen a "pause" day yesterday--a flat day right before the previous short-term trend resumes. Also, the market still looks like a big picture top. You have to be careful though. When the market has traded sideways and is towards the bottom of its range, it will look quite ominous.

So, what do we do? Even though things look a little dicey, I'd still avoid making any big picture predictions. If you've been reading this newsletter or are on my trading service, then you have some shorts working. Look to take partial profits on those as offered and trail your stops lower. Honor your stops on existing longs. And, be very selective on new positions while the market is headed sideways at best. That's damn good advice if I say so myself.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Chubb Corp. (CB) for May 8, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Chubb Corp. (CB), which showed up on Monday's Barchart "All Time High" list. Chubb on Monday posted a new all-time high of $74.40 and closed +1.21%. TrendSpotter has been Long since April 2 at $69.80. In recent news on the stock, Bernstein on May 1 upgraded Chubb to Market Perform from Underperform and raised the target to $71 from $58, citing improving industry pricing and valuation. Chubb on April 19 reported Q1 EPS of $1.70 versus the consensus of $1.52. Evercore on April 17 downgraded Chubb to Equal Weight from Overweight on valuation and slower industry growth. Chubb Corp, with a market cap of $20 billion, is principally engaged in the property and casualty insurance business.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
How about that DOMK eh? Called the 2.00 breakout this morning before it ran to over $3.00 for 50%+. Or INSM? Called the over 4.00 move before it peaked at 4.93 for 20%+. Still holding XOMA for one more day. Moved my stop up to 3.00. Bought KWK as a swing 4.52, closed up, and looking for a bit more tomorrow to sell into. Took on some ELTP as well for a swing this week. Needs to hold around .15 and then I'll be looking to sell into a pop, but if .15 can't seem to hold, well I'll take the small loss. Still holding NEOM as well, and plan to for a little while.

Guys please be careful listening to rumors about every new issue being the new APS play. Just because its the first day doesn't mean its the next big thing. The problem now is everyone knows to look for new issues first trading day so they find one and it must be the new APS right? Well it could still be a promotion coming on it, but hell these things are only getting this much attention because everyone thinks its in the pre-promo stage, but they are basically creating their own pump and dump. Example ORYN today or GWBU last week. Both may still get promoted but they are not the new APS. Must be nice for these fake ass promoters pumping some first day issue with the rumor its the new APS. LOL. Trust me, when the new APS hits, you'll know it by the shear amount of volume hitting. I'm talking 50 million shares+ in an hour, not 3 million over the whole day.

CNIT KGJI DOMK LUXR EGHT KWK XOMA ORYN ASTC EAHC INSM MHYS NNVC TRYF VPIG BEAT BBW ZIPR AIS AFFX NVAX

SBSA - watch for a move over 7.00.

VPIG - starting to speed up, might have another day or two in it.

BBW - Chart trying to come off bottom. Decent buyers today, may get 5 tomorrow, then will need over that to confirm bottom reversal. Might be in play a few days if it starts a new uptrend out of this move.

GV - quick pop over 1.20 today. Look for the same in coming days. Should break and hold for new up trend soon.

SEM - watch for the 9.00 breakout. Great looking daily chart.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Random Thoughts

In case you were wondering where I've been: I had an awesome weekend at the American Association of Professional Technical Analysts (AAPTA) annual meeting. My brain is full! Special thanks to all that worked so hard to make this happen.

Well, the market obviously got whacked on Friday, losing 1 ? to 2% of its value. This action keeps the head & shoulders pattern in place.

Futures were getting creamed overnight but now they're just a little soft. I was hoping for a big down open--a "diaper change" moment (this term was stolen from Ian McAvity)--followed by a reversal. This would have shaken out some more nervous longs made the shorts more complacent and then squeezed them out.

It looks "obvious" that the market is going to roll over. Also, all the pros that I was fortunate enough to rub elbows with over the weekend were bearish. Seems like everyone got really bearish really fast. I don't know if this is a microcosm of what's really out there, but if it is, the obvious rollover might not work.

You know me though. I'm a one-day-at-a-time kind of guy. If the market drops below its range and stays, then it would not be a good thing. If it has the mother of all reversals, then we may have dodged a bullet.

So what do we do? Well, if you've been reading this newsletter and/or have been on my trading service, you've got a few shorts in your portfolio (you're welcome). Look to take partial profits on those as offered/trail your stops lower. On existing longs, honor your stops just in case this turns into something bigger.

Honoring your stops, trailing your stops, taking partial profits, waiting for entries on new positions, and being selective--especially in a sideways market--will go a long ways to keeping you on the right side of the market (or out of choppy markets!) and will keep you in this business a long time. Do that and you will be successful.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Pembina Pipeline (PBA) for May 7, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Pembina Pipeline (PBA), which showed up on Friday's Barchart "All-Time High" list. Pembina on Friday posted a new all-time high of $30.90 and closed up 2.16%. In recent news on the stock, Canaccord on May 4 upgraded Pembina Pipeline to Buy from Hold. Pembina Pipeline on May reported Q1 EPS of 19 cents and reported volume growth of 15%. Pembina Pipeline, with a market cap of $5 billion, is an energy transportation and service provider based in Canada. The Company operates in four segments; Conventional Pipelines, Oil Sands & Heavy Oil, Midstream & Marketing, and Gas Services. The Conventional Pipelines segment operates a pipeline network that transports crude oil, condensate, and natural gas liquids in Alberta and British Columbia.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
XOMA Corp (XOMA) a bio-tech company has had a hot chart over the past few months. Primarily driven by a large hedge fund buyer that is known to take interests in bio-techs with great upside potential. Not that I use this information to trade, its just good to know. However, I will trade the chart, and currently it's showing it could be setting up for the next leg higher.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The U.S. markets are trading flat on the day after an ugly overnight session in the S&P futures. The SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSEARCA:SPY) is trading at $136.91, -0.05 (-0.04%) after the S&P futures were down as much as 20 points overnight. This surge back was helped by the weakening Dollar and the strengthening Euro off their overnight highs and lows.

Yesterday, the people France and Greece sent a clear message to their leaders. The austerity measures being implemented are not favored and those who pushed them through were voted out of office. This brings more uncertainty into the European picture in relation to the EU.

The rebound in stocks were headed by the banks like JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM) and Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS). In addition, there are key technical patterns on the charts that are showing a break down is extremely near but has not triggered. Note the head and shoulder pattern on the chart below. It has not triggered yet but may, depending on where the market closes today.

Gareth Soloway

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Long Into Week 19 ? CSTR, LULU, RAX

ALXN ? 95.11 to 99.87

AMT ? 64.65 to 67.88

AZO ? 386.11 to 405.42

CHS ? 15.89 to 16.68

DG ? 47.69 to 50.08

FUL ? 31.72 to 33.31

GCO ? 75.65 to 79.

KORS ? 50.79 to 53.33

TCBI ? 35.71 to 37.50

TNGO ? 20 to 21

CMG ? bounce from 50-day

CSTR ? 63.89

FOSL ? bounce from 50-day

MA ? bounce from 50-day

RAX ? bounce from 50-day

SHFL ? bounce from 50-day

SWI ? 47.76

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
CHK is trading at the support, worth watching.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Decent Friday, always like to hear others in chat posting their gains. A few banked on TTDZ (scam company, I know) but buyers were coming in on those fake-ass financials posted Friday, so I alerted it about .0018 and said it may run over .002, sure enough, peaked just under .004, and yes I recommended taking profits in the high .003's if anyone had taken the idea. Seemed to a few sub-penny runners on Friday (DGRI SDIR ISIM USEI, etc). Some days when the market is slow, the low priced pos stocks come to life as everyone is just looking for something to buy. Here's the list for Monday:

ABAT AFFX AMBS AUTH CCAJ DGRI GNBA EQU HLCS IFON ISIM KGJI LUVU MITK PPP PRTS PTAM SDIR SNRY STRI TTDZ USEI VKNG VRNG

Over $5: YPF CALX DGI DOLE VHC COT ENOC RENN

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Market disappointed with the weak jobs data, even though the unemployment rate took a small step back from 8.2% to 8.1% in April, nonfarm payrolls added the least jobs ( 115k vs. 163k est.) since November 2011. Stocks gave up almost the entire gains that were generated in late April. On the other hand, fixed income products buoy from this pessimistic employment print, the 10yr Treasury yield is currently trading at 1.83%, which is just 10bps away from its all time low. Looking forward next week, investors will continue to monitor with the initial jobless claims for any possible signal of economy slowdown.

Technical Highlights:
? Stocks took a big step down after disappointed data that led to a clear lower high technical formation for a downtrend.
? Although the moving averages are still pointing upward, equity benchmark internals showed weakness as percentage of stocks above 200 day moving average failed below its support since January.
? RSMCs rallied strong across three defensive benchmarks, which is signaling for a major trend change.
? Stocks continued their way down, defensive is the key trade as historical return points for a positive return potential.
? The yields on the intermediate term bonds appeared negative correlation with the shorter maturity bonds, which may be signaling for short-term pullback.

read more at...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Coverage Initiated:

VECO (Long/$32.8 Stop) - The chart pattern is showing very early signs of a developing ascending channel. The stock gapped higher May 1st after an earnings release and has continued to show relative strength. This four bar pattern clearly shows the bulls are in control and we will be looking for a long entry at a break of $35.81 which was Friday's high.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
With the Facebook right around the corner this one could pop this stock looks as if it wants to go up atleast 20-30 more cents, could be some good money if you get in now!

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Nice breakout on heavy volume, positive macd. look for a quick run to $28.25 then on to $30

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Stock is building a base here with a "W" chart pattern which means it will go back up. As I mentioned on Twitter, I bought this stock waiting for something BIG in June.

From seeking alpha :

XenoPort is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing a portfolio of internally discovered product candidates for the potential treatment of neurological disorders. Horizant (gabapentin enacarbil) Extended-Release Tablets is XenoPort's first FDA-approved product. Regnite (gabapentin enacarbil) is approved in Japan for the treatment of moderate to severe primary restless legs syndrome. XenoPort's pipeline of product candidates includes potential treatments for patients with postherpetic neuralgia, spasticity, and Parkinson's disease.

The FDA has accepted for review the supplemental new drug application (SNDA) filed by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) requesting approval of Horizant (gabapentin enacarbil) Extended-Release Tablets for the treatment of postherpetic neuralgia in adults. The FDA has set a PDUFA date of June 9, 2012, as a goal for the completion of their review of the SNDA.

On April 4, 2012, XenoPort announced that it was awarded U.S. Patent 8,148,414 for "Prodrugs of Methyl Hydrogen Fumarate, Pharmaceutical Compositions Thereof, and Methods of Use." The term of the patent extends until 2029, subject to potential Hatch-Waxman patent term extensions.

XenoPort has a market cap of $162.82 million and it is currently trading around $4.57 with a 52-week range of $3.46 to $8.44.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Anyone trading the cop to psx spinoff?

This is an interesting play as cop maintain the heavy NG exposure while phillips gets their downstream activities.

Smells like opportunity.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Head/Shoulders Pattern Back in Play

May 4, 2012
By docseverson

The well-defined Head & Shoulders price pattern that we outlined two weeks ago is back in play with a vengeance. The downside target is still about SPX 1300, but we need to watch how price handles the ?neckline? of the pattern to understand if it?s going to play out or not. Remember, when everyone sees the same exact thing in financial markets, assumptions rarely work out.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Free Investing Report!

Get an Inside Look at the "Speculative Wealth Builders" 2012 Portfolio

The Ultimate Penny Stock looks for companies using a complex screening tool that incorporates both technical and fundamental variables to refine the universe of companies evaluated.

We analyze each company finding opportunities that look like they may have the best chance to appreciate over time. These stocks are then added to our "Speculative Wealth Builders" portfolio.

No compensation has been received or will be provided by companies to The Ultimate Penny Stock that are included in the "Speculative Wealth Builders" portfolio.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 4, 2012 - PVH Corp (PVH)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) for May 4, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD), which showed up on Thursday's Barchart "All-Time High" and "Gap Up" lists. AB InBev on Thursday posted a new all-time high of $75.07 and closed up 1.93%. TrendSpotter has been Long since April 18 at $73.86. In recent news on the stock, AB InBev on April 30 reported Q1 EPS of $1.05, above the consensus of 91 cents. Morgan Stanley on April 12 named AB InBev as a long Research Tactical Idea. Stifel Nicolaus on April 3 named AB InBev to its Stifel Select List, reiterated its Buy rating and the $80 price target. Anheuser-Busch InBev, with a market cap of $117 billion, is a leading world marketer of alcohol-based beverages.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
EnerNOC Q1 2012 release was not a blowout, but provided very strong indications of future success and guidance... ENOC reported a loss of ($.86) earnings per share. This beat the average analyst estimate of ($1.04) by $.18, or 17%. This is very good since EPS is the most important number analysts look at during earnings, and as long as it beats estimates, the stock should rise. Overall, I think the conference call and outlook are very good despite their financial report, and am still optimistic for the long-term.

The overall status of their income statement/balance sheet is not very good when compared to previous quarters, but this is mainly due to the market fundamentals in which they are subject to, and not the operations of the company (ie the weather was warmer than expected... auction clearing prices were lower... etc... stuff that is not in their control). They reported lower earnings and profit when compared to last year's quarter... but again, the EPS number is the key number. Their forward-looking financial statement guidance was not overly positive, but their conference call had a lot of positive guidance.

The feel of the conference call was really optimistic and positive. The key takeaway from the call, which was reiterated many times by Executives and frequently asked by analysts whom cover the stock, was that their future operations are "more clear". Translation: all the negativity that has happened in the past year and a half (the PJM/FERC ruling on their double-counting issues and other various rule changes), has caused the stock to plummet because investors are wary about the future of the company, and demand response in general? but that chapter is now complete, and they can focus better going forward. Analysts were pessimistic about the uncertainty of the industry, and they punished the stock as a result. EnerNOC has adapted their strategies, and there is no longer any uncertainty in the markets. Essentially it has given investors the confidence that the demand response market has now matured enough to become a well-established mechanism in the wholesale electricity market, and has reaffirmed confidence for their future. This will reassure investors going forward, and hopefully bring money back into the company.

Other positive things to note:
? Regarding the upcoming 2015/2016 PJM BRA Capacity Auction, which is released on Friday, May 18th (after hours)... they are "cautiously optimistic"... Translation: "prices are going to be really high, but we are trying to save our own butts by not over-estimating." They stated they have $50 million dollars worth of cash and credit in which they are using to procure capacity in the auction. This translates to about 1,400 MW of additional capacity, or 35% more, from the 4,000 MW already owned in PJM. This 1,400 MW will be worth about $153 million if prices clear at $300/MWh. The first day of trading after this release will be on Monday, May 21st, and I would advise selling at any high on that day. Last year the stock jumped 20% during the day after the 2014/2015 auction prices were released, and those auction prices were only around $135/MWh. I am expecting around $200 - $220/MWh this year, so their stock should pop.
? The first chart below is a chart of the 2011 stock price around the BRA auction clearing price release date. Friday, May 13th is when PJM released the 2014/2015 auction prices (after hours), which were around $135. On Monday, the stock jumped to about 20% at it's high of $22.40, before selling off and ending at $20.46, up from $16.96 of the low on the previous Friday. As mentioned, 2015/2016 prices may clear around $200, which should boost the stock on Monday, May 21st. Any high you may see that day I would sell.
? The second chart is the last four years, April through June, of EnerNOC?s stock price, and the auction clearing posting dates overlaid (vertical line represents the first available trading day after the auction posting, and the horizontal lines are the stock price). You'll see that 2011 (orange line) produced the best jump in stock price relative to auction clearing price posting, but most years have produced a run up.

? During the call, Executives also really pushed their growing "pipeline and sales" across the world. Their growth is very substantial since 2008, and increasingly impressive this quarter, as 900 MW in demand response contracts, expansion into other foreign countries, namely Alberta (their largest Commercial & Industrial contract to date) and New Zealand, and their new contract with National Grid to run Natural Gas operations, is a key indicator that significant revenue is in the future.
? They are the first demand response company to complete a FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Committee) Audit. This proves the significance of demand response companies in wholesale energy markets, and exhibits that EnerNOC is the leading provider of demand response services.
? Revenue in California and Texas markets may be significant in 2012 as the result of supply tightening (less power plants available to generate capacity), and therefore the need of demand response.
? Executives expect higher gross margins going forward.
RECOMMENDATION:
I would wait to see what the stock does the next few days. If the stock goes above $7.00, I would probably sell it if you are in below that. Above $7.50, definitely. Sell and wait for it to pull back to $6 in later days (which I fully expect), then buy it the week of May 14th (the week leading up to the May 21st release), and flip it on the 21st.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Day-traded today! Lost a few on JMBA as the 2 break failed, but made it back plus some on VHC!. Still holding XOMA and NEOM. Was glad to hear in chat someone took the DUTV idea as it held .002 and ran to .0032; making a little beer money. Several higher priced stocks were in play today, and I nailed IO and WWE early morning high of day breakouts.

No APS today, next week maybe. Found out that the previous owner of PennyPic was busted. (Pudong previously owned by Jay Feng owns PennyPic.com. I'm sure they are trying to track down Eric Van and are using some of his old acquaintances to seek out information on his group and where-abouts. Its probably only a matter of time before APS gets shut down, but hopefully he goes big on one or two more so he can make some cash before he's busted. If they track him down that is. It does make the SEC's job harder since he is in Canada/Berlin/Hong Kong. Who knows at this point. But as long as he stays moving and outside the U.S. these APS picks should keep coming.

It's Friday, let's close the week strong!

KGJI ZIPR SYSW FLWS TASR MNOV CREG LIVE NFEC THTI ARNA SVNT SQNS QRM XOMA

OTC's: ABAT CAGR DGRI EPIX ELTP HLCS NEOM

Over $5: PVA IO MGAM WWE IL RLOC VOCS

More ideas in chat, as always we usually pick stuff up off live market scans.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

And much more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

And a LOT more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

This video PROVES it

97k on Apple
93k on Google
104k on Priceline

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 3, 2012 - Williams Sonoma (WSM)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Every trader and investor has seen the continual decline in the solar stocks in the past year. There is no other way to describe it than epic. Today, First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSLR) will report earnings. Analysts expect a profit of $0.48 per share. However, the market has priced in the whisper number of $0.29 per share. In addition, revenue and future guidance will be key to how the stock performs.

The chart has been hammered, hitting a new 52 week low today. Most retail and amateur investors would think the stock performance would indicate an ugly earnings report. While that may be the case, it is likely the market has already priced this in. It is never wise to trade earnings but First Solar does have a chance to move up on earnings based on current levels.

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Nike (NKE) for May 3, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Nike (NKE), which showed up on Wednesday's Barchart "All-Time High" list. Nike on Wednesday posted a new all-time high of $114.56 and closed up 2.68%. TrendSpotter just turned Long on Wednesday's upside breakout. Nike was last featured on "Chart of the Day" as of the Dec 9, 2011 close of $97.68. In recent news on the stock, Benchmark Co. on April 20 initiated coverage on Nike with a Buy and a target of $128. Janney Capital on April 13 initiated coverage on Nike with a Buy and a target of $127. Argus on April 3 reiterated its Buy rating on Nike and raised its target to $122, citing cost cutting, the company's dominant competitive position, and the company's growth opportunities in China. Nike, with a market cap of $51 billion, is one of the largest sellers of athletic footwear and athletic apparel in the world.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Random Thoughts

With a flat day, not a whole lot changes. The indices have been sideways as of late. Again, when they are stuck in a sideways range like this, a few big up days will put them back to new highs and make all the difference in the world. Unfortunately, the converse is also true.

So, for now, we remain stuck in a one-day-at-a-time environment. And, when it comes to markets, sort of like life, you really can't take on more than a day at a time anyway. Freshman psychology rears its ugly head.

The rest of my comments are mostly a cut and paste from recently: I think you can still look to fire off a short or two. However, once again, avoid making any big picture predictions for now. Also, as usual, make sure you wait for entries.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Im making this thread to update people on stocks that are breaking out in China. Let me know if you find it useful, otherwise I may stop doing this

Today 179 HK (Johnson Electric) having a nice breakout on 3x normal volume. The company makes micromotors used in cars and home appliances. The strong April US auto sales was the catalyst in driving the stock higher.

-TheJoblessTrader

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The stock market had a pretty interesting day on Wednesday, up in the morning, down in the afternoon, and closed mixed on the day well off the highs. It was a good come-back session for many of our stocks, though, so let's take a look at them.

American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO), after being in a beautiful rising channel the last 7 or 8 months, gapped up on Wednesday through the top of the channel and lateral resistance, and closed very nicely, up 3.01 to 20.90, or nearly 17%, on 25 million shares. That was a big day for this stock as it had a significant breakout through multi-year, 4-year highs. Next target is set at 24.

Calix Inc. (CALX) broke out of a downward channel on Wednesday, with a pop of 1.32 to 8.92, or 17%, on 2.3 million shares, the biggest volume in a couple months. It broke not only up through the declining topsline, but the 50-day moving average as well. Resistance should be tested at 9 3/4 – 9.80 short-term, and 12 1/4-1/2 as a secondary target.

Papa John's International Inc. (PZZA) had a big day on Wednesday after earnings came out. This stock exploded and popped 7.87 to 47.36, or 20%, on 1.2 million shares. This is the highest level it's reached in its history. At this point, the long-term pattern shows that if it does accelerate to the top of the long-term channel, it may very well get more upside. The next target is in the mid-50's.

Web.com Group, Inc. (WWWW) also had a big day on Wednesday, up 2.53 to 15.39, or 19%, on 2.8 million shares. That's the biggest volume going all the way back to August of last year. It's now right at the March 2011 level, and if it follows through, it could reach the top of the channel near the 18 1/2 – 19 zone.

Other stocks in our Charts for the Day are Aspen Technology, Inc. (AZPN), Avis Budget Group, Inc. (CAR), Cleantech Solutions International, Inc. (CLNT), Cray Inc. (CRAY), Sourcefire, Inc. (FIRE), FormFactor Inc. (FORM), Hudson Technologies Inc. (HDSN), Hot Topic Inc. (HOTT), Key Tronic Corp. (KTCC), Sky-mobi Limited (MOBI), opwv, Patrick Industries Inc. (PATK), Synacor, Inc. (SYNC), and USG Corporation (USG).

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
XOMA closed over 3.00, as long as it holds, I'll continue to swing it; otherwise I may consider locking in .20 a share profit. NEOM still holding as I suggested it might a few days ago. Plenty of time to take on a few shares if you like what you see. Again, it should head back up soon, but if not I won't be a stuckholder, I'll just cut the loss. Haven't been day-trading as much lately. Partially due to the market conditions, partially due to my personal situation the past 2 weeks. I see this changing soon though; and there have been plenty opportunities called in chat the past few days though. Read some of the logs when they are posted later this week. It's been pretty hot in the Trading Room!

List for Thursday:

SNPK...... Just Kidding. Maybe the last emails on it tonight. Watch for something new late day tomorrow to catch some volume and then new emails hit. Remember it'll tank first to put a few shares on the market. Not saying they will have a new one tomorrow; all I'm saying is its very possible, so make sure your awake after lunch.

DUTV (Digital Utilities Ventures) - Hot subby alerted in chat today .0017 as volume hit before it spiked to .0028. Watch the .002 area to hold in the morning. If it does it could get going again. If it fails, probably a down day in store. More in chat of course. We'll play what it gives us.

STRI (STR Holdings)- Absolute Beauty today. Doodman nailed the gap up call this morning, and I alerted the 4.40 break a few minutes later that brought .50/share to those that took the idea. I'll be watching the 5.00 spot in the morning. 50 day moving average is 5.13. Could get interesting. Reported improved earnings and raised guidance for the year. Not that I trade off that, just saying its getting some attention right now, and could remain hot for a bit.

ELTP (Elite Pharmaceuticals)- tried to buy some of this end of day today at .15, as its trying to break out here. If .15 holds for a bit in the morning I may try again, as a possible swing back towards 52 week highs (.21). Patent news coming in 10 days, just sayin, might bring buyers.

HDSN (Hudson Technologies)- Another winner in chat today, alerted the move over 3.80 and peaked at 4.10, closed at 4.09 near high of day, so may get more tomorrow. These stocks over $1/2 that close near high of day after a breakout are good to hold as a swing as they can turn into multi-day moves.

INBP (Integrated Health Technologies) - Badass mofo is what this was today. Mid-day, volume perked up a bit, and I mentioned it was gearing out of consolidation just above .12. Damn thing ran to .33. Closed back down just below .20. That's what I'll be watching the morning. Needs the cross and volume, could go again, otherwise its done for now.

TASR (TASER International) - broke the 4.60 range today for a quick .30, closed at 4.90. Watch the 5.00 spot now. Here's a long term look at TASR highlighting why a 5.00 break could be big. Might be worth the swing towards 7/7.50 but I'll probably just day-trade it for a few bucks if it continues. A few big pro 'buy' ratings coming in lately on TASR as well. Earnings beat last week too. All these signs point to buyers, making it likely to continue as a bullish trader friendly stock on range breaks.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The stock market indices had a very interesting session as they gapped down, bounced, and then retested the lows, making lower lows on the S&P 500. However, they did not take out Monday's lows. They held there, and then rallied back steadily all day. A pullback ensued late in the afternoon, but in the last 30 – 40 minutes, they snapped back, taking the Nasdaq 100 into the plus column.

Net of the day, the Dow was down 10.75 at 13,268.57, about 76 points off the low, the S&P 500 down 3.51 at 1402.31, 9 points off the low, but the Nasdaq 100 was up 7.85 at 2734.77, about 27 points off its low.

Advance-declines were 13 to 17 negative on the New York Stock Exchange, and 13 to 11 positive on Nasdaq. Up/down volume was 2 to 1 negative on New York, and Nasdaq had a 3 to 2 positive volume ratio.

The NDX was much stronger today, and that mostly had to do with Apple Inc. (AAPL), which got down to 578.86, and closed at 585.98, up 3.85. It may be a reversal day for Apple.

TheTechTrader.com board was mixed. Leading the way on the upside, STR Holdings, Inc. (STRI) was up 1.06 to 4.87, or 28%, on 1.8 million shares. Cleantech Solutions International, Inc. (CLNT) jumped 61 cents to 5.62, or 12%, on 1.4 million shares. Web.com Group, Inc. (WWWW) gained 2.53 to 15.39, or 19%, on 2.8 million shares. ReachLocal, Inc. (RLOC) ran 1.33 to 8.86, or 17%. Emmis Communications Corp. (EMMS) was up 32 cents to 1.63, or 24%, on 1.9 million shares.

Calix Inc. (CALX) was up 1.32 to 8.92, or 17%, on 2.2 million shares. iBio, Inc. (IBIO) up 37 cents to 1.74, or 27%, on 1 million shares. Papa John's International Inc. (PZZA) up 7.87 to 47.36, or 20%, on 1.25 million shares. TripAdvisor Inc. (TRIP), on great earnings, 6.10 to 42.64, or 16%, on 7.6 million shares. Sunrise Senior Living Inc. (SRZ) 91 cents to 7.13, or 14%, on 2.4 million shares. Aspen Technology, Inc. (AZPN) 3.23 to 22.78, or 16 1/2%, on 2.4 million shares. Synacor, Inc. (SYNC) 1.25 to 10.09, or 14%, on 3.6 million shares. American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO), which we traded today, 3.01 to 20.90, or 17%, on a whopping 25 million shares.

In addition, Key Tronic Corp. (KTCC) was up 1.77 to 13.10, Hudson Technologies Inc. (HDSN) up 76 cents to 4.09, Con-way Inc. (CNW) 4.24 to 37.00 even, and Vocus Inc. (VOCS) 1.70 to 14.95 rounded out the highlights for today.

Other gainers of note included Energizer Holdings Inc. (ENR), which jumped 6.78 to 77.58. DigitalGlobe, Inc. (DGI) gained 1.29 to 13.57. Sky-mobi Limited (MOBI) snapped back 35 cents to 3.34. Wright Medical Group Inc. (WMGI) ran up 1.69 to 20.43. Wolverine World Wide Inc. (WWW) was up 3.63 to 43.73. Sourcefire, Inc. (FIRE) jumped 1.71 to 59.34, and Stamps.com Inc. (STMP) snapped back 1.43 to 30.31.

On the downside, Goldman Sachs (GS) gave back another 1.56 t 113.77, and the Direxion Daily Financial Bull 3X Shares (FAS) ultra-long lost 2.45 to 104.12.

Those were the only point-plus losers on our board today.

Stepping back and reviewing the hourly chart patterns, the indices gapped down, tested support, and held on the NDX. Despite lower lows on the S&P 500, that held the weekly lows, it rallied back in the afternoon.

I'm still not convinced that this is anything more than a technical snapback. We'll have to see if we get any follow-through tomorrow.

Good Trading!

Harry

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
http://antichartjunk.com/2012/05/01/...ement-and-hlf/

May 1, 2012:

"If you follow the markets intraday, you probably are well aware of the action in HLF. It currently sits atop of StockTwits trending tickers. I will not get into David Einhorn?s questions and the news surrounding the stock but I think there a few great lessons from today?s action.

First of all, for the intermediate trader, HLF highlights the importance of heavy volume when buying at a pivot point. HLF had been performing well this year through the strong uptrend and into the mild correction where it was supported at its 50-day. There were no major signs of institutional selling (until today). A square-box base (which you can read more about here) appeared with a buy point of 72.21 along with a moderate bounce from the 50-day while the overall market showed slight signs of accumulation. However, heavy volume in HLF did not appear in this buy range so a buy here was more risky.

A more aggressive trader, knowingly accepting more risk and thereby decreasing the position size, still could perhaps have purchased around 72.21. A reasonable stop-loss from this point would have been under the 50-day moving average around 66.33 or slightly higher than 66.33 just below the April lows which would have prevented a major loss (as evidenced today) but also would have given the stock enough room to handle the potential typical swings. Selling at around 66.33 would have resulted in an 8% loss which would have prevented a 25% loss by holding on. Of note huge volume to the downside like today typically points to future selling at least in the short term.

Another rule some traders follow is to avoid starting a position right before earnings. I do not follow this rule exactly but it is certainly something I consider before purchasing a stock. From my experience, growth stocks that appear to be performing well are performing well for a reason and strength before an earnings report can be a sign of a strong earnings report on the horizon, such as recently shown by ISRG, GNC and today in FIRE. Obviously, this is not always the case as evidenced by HLF today and in even AAPL which was performing poorly into a strong earnings report.
If one wants to signficantly lower risk, one could possibly steer clear of buying stocks within a week of their earnings report but one should also only buy with heavy volume within a buying range and always prepare a stop-loss before starting a position."

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Watching the 11.00 level into tomorrow as its a price resistance point and also the 50 day moving average is resting right on the same spot, which could be a double breakout causing several types of technical buyers to jump into the stock. Here's the chart:

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
CSTR - (LONG/$61.9 Stop) - Got a big pop to the upside on April 19th after reporting earnings and has been selling off ever since. Today, NFLX reported weaker subscriber growth and is down 15% pre-market. CSTR is the company that makes the RedBox, a convenient DVD rental service. The negative NFLX news should help lift CSTR shares. Aggressive traders would be buying today against a $61.9 Stop and the more conservative trader will wait for a close above $64 before getting involved. Either way, the risk/reward for the CSTR trade is very good.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Thumbs up Las Vegas Sands (LVS) - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

May 2, 2012 - Las Vegas Sands (LVS)

Name: chartoftheday050212.jpg Views: 23 Size: 108.6 KB

Visit us on Facebook to ask more about this chart. Don't forget to "like" us.

Why do we do it? Let's be honest, we want you to get a taste of what we do and maybe give the full Quick Takes Pro service a try.

Quick Takes Pro blog - check it out

Recommended reading - some of it mine, some of it from the masters.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
I've been in AAPL for awhile, so I have seen some GREAT results from them. However, how much is too much? When will this stock see a major pull back, if at all?

It is trading at 582.55 right now after another 3.6% increase. I know Apple products are selling like hotcakes still, but is their time running out, or am I just being a skeptic and getting nervous?

Any advice/discussion is appreciated!

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Random Thoughts

On a net net basis, the Ps had an okay day by gaining over ?%. This action has them within 1% of multi-year highs. Unfortunately, the rally did lose steam intra-day. Other indices didn't fare as well. The Quack and Rusty closed flat, giving up nice intra-day gains.

As I've been preaching, stalling action, even intra-day, can make a market at these levels look a little ominous. A big up or two would fix that. Since that didn't happen on Tuesday, we'll have wait a little longer.

In the meantime, I think you can still look to fire off a short or two. However, once again, avoid making any big picture predictions for now. Also, as usual, make sure you wait for entries.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Discover Financial Services (DFS) for May 2, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Discover Financial Services (DFS), which showed up on Tuesday's Barchart "All-Time High" list. Discover on Tuesday posted a new all-time high of $34.75 and closed up 1.45%. TrendSpotter has been long since April 25 at $33.54. In recent news on the stock, Goldman Sachs on March 23 upgraded Discover to a Conviction Buy from Neutral and raised its price target to $39 from $36. Goldman cited improving financial metrics and below-normal credit losses. Discover Financial, with a market cap of $18 billion, operates the Discover Card with more than fifty million cardmembers, the Discover Network with millions of merchant and cash access locations, and the Goldfish credit card business in the United Kingdom.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
I would like to suggest that you keep an eye on SWY (Safeway Inc.) over the next week. Stochastics %K (14,3,3) are oversold at 23.70 and it is near the support level.

It looks like it may bounce of support and go up between 21 and 22 over the course of the next week or so.

Trade at your own risk.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
- Ford looks really good to me. The daily stochastics (14,3,3) are oversold. It is sitting just above the support level. I would suggest keeping this on your radar for the next few days. I see this going to 12.5 or possibly 13.25.

Trade at your own risk, I'm simply passing on what I see in the markets.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Under $5: NFEC SGOC HTCH EMKR KWK TQNT GALE HSOL STP AAV ROIAK AIQ FFN LPHI FCH XOMA HUSA OPWV ZAZA ANTH EGT CRDC THM SMSI HDSN SVNT YMI MEMS NEXS

OTC's: LQMT NEOM ADMP AEGY AXCG CSSV FRHV EVDR MDCE SIPN

Over $5: HLF bounce watch, SHLD, SHOR, ATPG, ESIC

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
hey did anyone get in on this last week before it jumped 15 percent?

i wonder if it will keep going up or is it a pull back for on the way down?

hmmmmm

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The markets are spiking sharply higher today on extremely light volume. Most markets in Europe are closed today. This is like the analogy, when the cat is away, the mice will play. Light volume, no problems in Europe mean solid upside but also a great shorting opportunity for smart traders. The SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSEARCA:SPY) is trading at $141.54 +1.77 (1.27%).

One stock nearing an awesome shorting level is International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM). After taking a beating on earnings results, the stock has jumped back up. Just a week ago, IBM hit a low of $196.79. It is now trading at $208.65.

The master short level coincides with a major gap fill. This level is $209.45. A pull back is extremely likely off this level, back towards the $200.00 area.

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
KORS (Short/$44.75 Stop) - Had a major trend reversal confirmation on 04/10 and has been consolidating in a trading range between $44 - $42 for the past 11 sessions. The bulls took over temporary control on 4/23 when it hit a major support level but have now lost it.

Tuesday's sell-off was followed by an inside day which indicates more selling ahead. Although still in consolidation, a thrice failed retest of $44 is a secondary confirmation of more selling.

We are looking for the stock to break $42 and have a measured move down the the $40 area where we believe it will consolidate for a while and later make an attempt to fill the gap back down to $35.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
http://antichartjunk.com/2012/04/30/week-18/

Buy or Sell: Buy

Long Into Week 18 ? AAPL, ALXN, CHS, CMG, HLF, LULU, RAX

Add to watchlist as initial or secondary buys:

ALXN ? 95.11 to 99.87

AZO ? 386.11 to 405.42

CERN ? 74.49 to 78.21

CF ? 191.49 to 201.06

CHS ? 15.89 to 16.68

FUL ? 31.72 to 33.31

GCO ? 75.65 to 79.43

HLF ? 72.21 to 75.82

QCOR ? 46.05 to 48.35

STMP ? 33.89 to 35.58

TAYD ? 11.6 to 12.18 (relatively thinly traded)

TCBI ? 35.71 to 37.50

TNGO ? 20 to 21

TRIP ? 35.02 to 36.77

UAN ? 28.34 to 29.76

VRX ? 55.9 to 58.7

Add to watchlist as secondary buys only:

AAPL ? bounce from 50-day

ALXN ? bounce from 50-day

CLR ? bounce from 50-day

CMG ? bounce from 50-day

CSTR ? 63.89

EC ? bounce from 50-day

FIRE ? bounce from 50-day

FOSL ? bounce from 50-day

FRAN ? bounce from 50-day

HLF ? bounce from 50-day

KORS ? bounce from 50-day

LULU ? bounce from 50-day

RAX ? bounce from 50-day

SHFL ? bounce from 50-day

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Lightbulb Dave Landry's Market in a Minute - Tuesday, 5/1/12

Random Thoughts

Since I did such a good job with yesterday's newsletter, I didn't want to change it too much. Therefore, it's a bit of a d?ją vu all over again.

Once again, I will explain trend:

A market that is making new highs is in an uptrend.

A market that is making new lows is in a downtrend.

A market that is not doing either of the above is going sideways.

You know, I wish I would have known that 25 years ago when I was busy plotting that 15th oscillator trying to figure out where the markets were headed.

Considering aforementioned explanation about trend: Since the market is near its old highs, a few big up days would put the market back in uptrend mode.

Unfortunately, we obviously didn't see that on Monday so we're stuck in range mode.

As I've been preaching, it's important not to make any big picture predictions just because the market has lost a little steam. Yeah, it could be rolling over but it might just be taking a bit of a breather.

Nothing has changed just yet. So, continue to take things one-day-at-a-time. Honor your stops on existing positions, wait for entries on new ones, be selective, and consider firing off a short or two just in case this consolidation turns into more than just that. That's pretty dang good advice if I say so myself. Do this and you'll be in the markets for a long, long, time.

Futures are flat to soft pre-market.

Best of luck with your trading today!

Dave

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
May 1, 2012 - United Parcel Service (UPS)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

And much more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

And a LOT more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

This video PROVES it

97k on Apple
93k on Google
104k on Priceline

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (PEB) for May 1, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (PEB), which showed up on Monday's Barchart "All-Time High" list. Pebblebrook on Monday posted a new all-time high of $24.26 and closed up 0.96%. TrendSpotter has been long since April 25 at $23.51. In recent news on the stock, Pebblebrook on April 26 reported Q1 adjusted funds from operation of 11 cents, above the consensus of 7 cents. Pebblebrook on April 9 announced that it had acquired the Hotel Milano in San Francisco for $30 million. Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (PEB), with a market cap of $1.2 billion, is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that specializes in owning and managing hotel properties located primarily in large United States cities with an emphasis on the major coastal markets.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
After an emotional today at the hospital thanks to my girlfriend's dad having a serious heart attack but lucky surviving, I am leaving the April offers in effect for a few more days. No, its not because I 'need' members or that they are leaving. In fact I have over 90% retention month over month. We have about 30 members currently and I see this growing faster and faster as time progresses. Just like any product or service, with increased demand comes higher prices. Therefore, I still will be raising the rates for new members very soon; if not by the end of the week. It just comes down to me not having the time to change the plans yet.

As mentioned above, I spent most of today in the hospital. I just got home a few minutes ago and therefore may be late to the chat room as I try to get some sleep and re-coup emotionally. I plan on doing a full blog post about the events that transpired today as a motivational piece for traders. Stay Tuned.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Closed out my position in Stryker ticker SYK.

Added to Staples position ticker SPLS.

Stop by your library and pick up the Valueline for SPLS and see if you think it is a bargain right now at $15.00ish.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Random Thoughts

This is what you need to understand about trend:

A market that is making new highs is in an uptrend.

A market that is making new lows is in a downtrend.

A market that is not doing either of the above is going sideways.

Considering the above, since the market is near its old highs, a few big up days would put the market back in uptrend mode.

Upside follow through will be key. We didn't see a whole lot of that last Friday but at least the market ended in the plus column. Better than a poke in the eye, I suppose.

I don't think a whole lot has changed just yet.

I'm still seeing some interesting shorts. Hopefully, I won't get triggers so I can avoid any new short side positions. Once (intuition or into-wishing?) we make it back to new highs, we'll likely see more and more longs setting up.

For now, continue to take things one-day-at-a-time. Honor your stops on existing positions, wait for entries on new ones, be selective, and consider firing off a short or two just in case this consolidation turns into more than just that. That's pretty dang good advice if I say so myself. Do this and you'll be in the markets for a long, long, time.

Futures are flat to soft pre-market.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Market quickly reversed off the low after making a bullish technical turn early this week, where the S&P finished up over 20pts and the Dow closed higher by 200pts. The Treasury curve came down slightly along with poor GDP result (2.2% vs. 2.7% est.) and consumer confidence (69.2 vs. 70 est.) this past week. Despite the fact that major domestic economic data continued to worsen on recent releases, equities kept on moving higher in coincidence with the bearish fundamentals becoming more questionable for the health of this economy. Nonfarm payroll will be the main focus for the fixed income side next week as initial claims strengthen for the 10th consecutive weeks (388k vs. 389k est.).

Technical Highlights:
? Stocks breaking its short-term downtrend led commodities price to trade higher.
? Equity benchmarks reversed back above their 50days moving average signal for another bullish run.
? Healthcare RSMC is signaling a major turn in the market as its sensitivity index is falling sharply.
? Defensive stocks underperformed the market as the major trend reverse; However, historical returns remain bearish for the offensive stocks forward looking.
? Bonds stayed directionless after the uncertain FOMC statement, yield continued to trend lower from the technical point of view.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
April 30, 2012 - Patterson (PDCO)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Valspar Corp (VAL) for Apr 30, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Valspar Corp (VAL), which showed up on Friday's Barchart "All-Time High" list. Valspar on Friday posted a new all-time high of $52.12 and closed up +2.40%. TrendSpotter has been Long since April 16 at $50.23. TrendSpotter was in a neutral mode in the second week of April after taking a 31% profit on a long trade held from late November to early April. In recent news on the stock, Valspar on Feb 14 reported Q1 EPS of 58 cents, above the consensus of 48 cents. Gabelli on Feb 28 initiated coverage on Valspar with a Buy due to the potential housing recovery and Valspar's debt reduction and margin improvement efforts. Valspar, with a market cap of $4.7 billion, is a global leader in the paint and coatings industry, with a broad range of products including industrial, architectural, packaging, automotive refinish and floor coatings, and specialty polymers and colorants.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Ready to roll this week. Another good seminar tonight. Members look for a Chart PDF to show what I was talking about tonight and the Chat Log to be posted soon. First 2 PDF's have great info in them about the basics of finding and researching newly issued tickers. (not-IPO's). Still holding XOMA LQMT and bought some HUSA on Friday as a swing. Here's the list for Monday:

Under $5

AAMRQ ARNA BLDR CBLI CIGX COBR FVE GRVY HUSA HW KWK KV.A LMLP NPD OWW PRTS ROIAK SYSW WAVX

OTC's: CCPR MMAB PPTL SEFE LQMT OMVE ZSTN PFNO MDCE ECDC MWWC MEXP MSLP NEOM ICPA VTMS ELTP ZNTR FGLD MNGA OEDV

Over $5

ABAX ARBA AWRE BKS CODE CRAY FTK HA HLS IL LCC MILL PATK SPSC TA

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The stock is still in bottoming mode it looks like. The technical indicators are looking better now for the stock. The MACD is starting to rise, confirming a bullish divergence has taken form. Short-term levels to watch tomorrow $7.47 and then $7.85.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The stock displayed relative strength last week and broke out above resistance at the $6.76 level. XCO still showing strong accumulation on up days with high volume and selling on low volume. The overall outlook for the stock appears bullish IMO. Only a close below $6.5 would negate the bullish outlook for the stock. A close above $7.17 would reinstate short-term bullish trend that could propel the stock to the next target zone of $7.88.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Random Thoughts

Well, as I've been saying, when you're near old highs, a few big up days makes all the difference in the world. Thursday obviously scores as another good day.

This is a good thing but let's not start kissing each other just yet. It's still a one day at a time environment. Yet again, this will keep you from making any big picture predictions should this only be a correction.

So, what do we do?

Again, since we remain in one-day-at-a-time mode, the plan remains the same:

1)Honor your stops on existing positions just in case this turns into something bigger. 2)Be selective on new positions. Trade the best and leave the rest. 3)Wait for entries on new positions. Again, as I preach, this can often keep you out of new trouble. 4)Start thinking about firing off a short or two but keep #2 and #3 in mind. If the market keeps rallying, you might be able to avoid the short side altogether.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
April 27, 2012 - Pepsico (PEP)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Teradata Corp (TDC) for Apr 27, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Teradata Corp (TDC), which showed up on Thursday's Barchart "All-Time High" list. Teradata on Thursday posted a new all-time high of $70.71 and closed up 1.97%. TrendSpotter just turned Long again April 13 at $69.02. In recent news on the stock, Teradata on Feb 9 reported Q4 non-GAAP EPS of 66 cents, above the consensus of 62 cents, and announced a $300 million share repurchase program. Morgan Stanley on April 13 named Teradata as one of several companies that has the most upside going into Q1 earnings. Teradata Corp, with a market cap of $11.2 billion, is the world's largest company focused on raising intelligence through data warehousing and enterprise analytics.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Still feeling ill, so have a doctor's appointment mid-day tomorrow. I'll be in chat during the morning, out during lunch and back for power hour. Still holding LQMT, see told you I'm turning into a swing trader. It helps when I'm playing small though due to being ill, makes me be more patient to maximize the return. If I was in bigger I would have been long gone this morning. I didn't trade anything else today, just didn't feel up to it; but there was a ton of potential I called in chat. Hope some of you guys banked on it. RCON VTMS HUSA IPSU to name a few; here's a quick list for Friday:

HUSA - watch for a 2.50 break, gap to fill towards 3.50.
IPSU - Needs to break todays high to keep the momentum going
VTMS - needs over .04 for buyers to keep it going.

PDO DOMK JCOF IPRC OMVE VALV MPET HW SINO AZK

BLEW PLPE LQMT

More in chat tomorrow. Have a Great Weekend everyone. Members, reminder, seminar this Sunday 8PM Eastern; topic - Big Budget Promos and building your account.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
ExxonMobil (XOM) - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
andom Thoughts

As I've been saying, when you're near old highs, a few big up days makes all the difference in the world. Obviously, we had a good day yesterday. Follow through will be key though. A few more like yesterday and the market will be back to new highs and we can start high-fiving each other once again.

For now though, it's still a one day at a time environment. This will keep you from making any big picture predictions should this only be a correction.

So, what do we do? Since we remain in one-day-at-a-time mode, the plan remains the same:

1) Honor your stops on existing positions just in case this turns into something bigger. 2) Be selective on new positions. Trade the best and leave the rest. 3) Wait for entries on new positions. Again, as I preach, this can often keep you out of new trouble. 4) Start thinking about firing off a short or two but keep #2 and #3 in mind. 5) Come to the chart show today.

Futures are soft pre-market.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Tim Hortons (THI) for Apr 26, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Tim Hortons (THI), which showed up on Wednesday's Barchart "All-Time High" list. Tim Hortons on Wednesday posted a new all-time high of $55.42 and closed up 1.75%. TrendSpotter just turned Long again last Wednesday at $55.08. In recent news on the stock, company management on March 6 provided FY12 EPS guidance of $2.65-2.75 versus the consensus of $2.77. The company said it expects to open 100 stores in the U.S. in FY12 and 155-185 stores in Canada. Tim Hortons, with a market cap of $8.6 billion, is Canada's largest quick service restaurant chain and features coffee, fresh-baked goods, soups and sandwiches.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Hi
I am a representative from AutochartistStocks.com.

Autochartist is a powerful market-scanning tool that monitors thousands of instruments daily including trading opportunities from NASDAQ, NYSE, AMEX, FOREX and more. The trading opportunities are based on psychological support and resistance levels in the market.

I will be posting videos and posts on a regular basis with trading ideas and good stocks to watch out for.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
I am wondering WTF just happened...

As usual TSCO does awesome on earnings... Just blew the doors off earnings... up 129%/share....

After hours trading its down 2+ points... it is shoud be up 3-4 points???

What am I missing???