PDA

View Full Version : Dilution is killing me...anyone else?

CharlesNeock
08-08-2017,
First ETFC, then F & now FIG.

I'm a newbie & getting clobbered...it's like they see me coming.

I don't care that this is a way for them to raise capital...it totally screws the people who are already shareholders. Do any of these companies ever get back up to where they were before they diluted the share pool?

I didn't have the patience to stick it out with ETFC & F and am contemplating what to do about FIG as we speak. Probably just take my licking & move on.

CharlesPt
08-09-2017,
They come back all the time, but yes it does screw shareholders in the near term usually.

I bought some diluted down F shares today.

Charlesmed
08-10-2017,
Yea... haha

My Current Holds:
DRYS in at 9.30
PRGN in at 3.81

Getting beat to death, hoping PRGN shoots up and covers my debt in DRYS where i see theres no hope really...

CharlesGrino
08-10-2017,
Bought PRGN at 4.40, still holding it. Its down to 3.41 at the close today. Biggest hit of the month: C, why do i even trust these CEOs when they say they have enough capital? I've been holding C for so long now,cant take anymore losses, cutting the bait on it tomorrow.

Charlesdop
08-11-2017,
Never ventured to gamble on the pieces of shi'ite that needed to raise capital via these recent secondary equity offerings. In fact, I see it as a great idea for these companies and a prudent action on their part. They realize their shares have soared lately based on absolutely nothing but hype, short covering, and technical analysis. They'd be stupid not to sell into this market run up. You could draw an analogy to someone selling their house in 2006 at the peak of the real estate bubble. You'd almost have to be crazy to hold on to the damn thing.

admin
08-12-2017,
So did you buy on the way up, or the way down?

If you bought on the way up, why on earth did you not take profits when they hit 20% to 30% gains?

If you bought on the way down, why?

You guys seem to be skiing on the black diamond runs, and should be on the bunny slopes! Playing stocks that move 10%, 15% or more each day will turn the new players into ex-players real quick, especially if you hold them overnight.

Some good money can be made on these stocks as day trades, but if you are unable to do this, then switch to stocks with a little less volatility. Yeh, it is not as exciting, but you will live to play another day.