PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Stock Return Calculator

Artisanqrw
08-05-2017,
I know decades of "investor education" has made a big deal about stocks that pay dividends....but you might do a google search for the term "ex-dividend". Basically it means that there is a day that the stock trades a t minus the dividend paid....so basically it's really a wash...you get a dividend but the value of the stock drops by that much at the same time. Just a thought.

asaaveza
08-06-2017,
Hello,

There seem to be plenty of online stock return calculators out there, but I'm having difficulty one that does the following:

- enter in stock symbol
- enter in the number of shares
- enter purchase date

bjwgyinp70
08-08-2017,
Then I want it to calculate the return based upon the current stock price 'without' dividend reinvestment, but factoring in the annual dividend yield.

This seems like it should be pretty straight forward and simple.

Thanks in advance!

bjdxqkcd58
08-08-2017,
Not sure how to answer your question because I could just look at a Thinkorswim chart and tell you the answer in about 10 seconds to look back one year...2 minutes if you wanted 10 years etc.

BillyISYg
08-09-2017,
Maybe I'm explaining it wrong....
- if I bought 1 stock on January 1, 2015 for $10
- then over the course of the year it goes up and on on December 31, 2015 the current price is $11.
- I guess this would mean my return is 10%, correct?
- then if the same stock pays a 3% dividend / year, then my total return is roughly 13%?