PDA

View Full Version : What stock analysis program do you use?

asonisgeyo
07-17-2017,
Hi, would like to get some input on what the best stock analysis program is. I do not mean a trading platform, but a program that is useful for fundamental analysis (keep track of fundamental statistics) and maybe even use those statistics for charts and technical analysis.

bcashmaster89erugs
07-18-2017,
MSN
Investors.com
thestreet.com
yahoofinance

I use a number of different sites to cross check information. I also read the S&P reports along with a number of different metrics that I have been experimenting on. Investor Business Daily is a big help as they highlight stocks on the move.

baxzepod71
07-19-2017,
I did subscribe to investors.com, but they did not allow me to run my own screens, so I dropped it. I use MSN, Yahoo, marketwatch, forbes... but mostly the research I get from my broker, Banc of America.

I also have a monthly subscription to briefing.com, use that mostly for upgrades and downgrades, lastest news, and earnings. I dropped my subscription to morningstar, too, because many of their ratings aren't recent and they don't review a lot of stocks I'm interested in. I have not used thestreet.com for that, I'll check it out, thanks.

Batteriesond
07-20-2017,
What do you mean by program?

I use different metrics that I find on investors.com, actually i get IBD and i corrobrate the information with what I find on the web. Before i buy the stock I take a look at the charts on clearstation or msn.

Clearstation allows you to create multiple portfolio's to track your stock trading ideas.

Batterykox
07-21-2017,
i used to use TC2000 and MetaStock and Windows on Wallstreet, but i stopped after 9/11 cause all technical analysis was useless after that so i put all my oney in MOT and left it alone for years. I now want back in the market doing short term trading and i am also interested in programs to use for charting. Anyone have a few to recomend?