PDA

View Full Version : Price Action Learning Strategy

acaefwqf38
06-18-2017,
Hi everyone,
i'm reading price action books by Al Brooks,having difficulty to understand it.it assumes readers already know many things about trading for granted.which as a beginner trader i'm not familiar with.
plz suggest me some books that will help me to understand Al Brooks better if read prior to his books,as i am a beginner.i aspire to be a serious trader.
if u had any other price action suggestions in mind(like Lance Brooks,Martin pring,Nial Fuller etc.),feel free to suggest.
Thanks.

Abem Chanu NingombamHase
06-20-2017,
You're at a great place to start learning, futures.io (formerly BMT).
Start right here....
https://futures.io/wiki/trading-wiki/Price-Action

Screen time is going to be very important for you. Once you get a good 6 to 12 months under your belt of screen time seeing how your forex and e-mini's move in relation to news the RTH (regular trading hours or pit trading which is the actual pit the floor traders stand in and place trades with other floor traders and against "paper" and for the most part nowadays basically slowly going away or at least a very reduce force in the market compared to what it once was) and other parts of the day you will understand all those books betters.

abrehimogerugs
06-21-2017,
Hi everyone,
i'm reading price action books by Al Brooks,having difficulty to understand it.it assumes readers already know many things about trading for granted.which as a beginner trader i'm not familiar with.
plz suggest me some books that will help me to understand Al Brooks better if read prior to his books,as i am a beginner.i aspire to be a serious trader.
if u had any other price action suggestions in mind(like Lance Brooks,Martin pring,Nial Fuller etc.),feel free to suggest.
Thanks.

If you want to learn how to trade price, I suggest you go to the source: Richard Wyckoff. No indicators, no bands, no envelopes, no candles. Just price on a chart, though you don't even need the chart. If you want to trade indicators and bars and so forth, there are tons of books and courses and software and various other products, but there's nothing new in any of it, and it's often difficult to understand. And expensive.

The essence of trading price can be found here.

The essence of trading price via bars can be found in Appendix D of this pdf (you can ignore the rest for now). The contents of this appendix are from Wyckoff's original course, and they'll tell you pretty much all you need to know about trading price.

And it's all free.

AbeMckeeve
06-22-2017,
If you want to learn how to trade price, I suggest you go to the source: Richard Wyckoff. No indicators, no bands, no envelopes, no candles. Just price on a chart, though you don't even need the chart. If you want to trade indicators and bars and so forth, there are tons of books and courses and software and various other products, but there's nothing new in any of it, and it's often difficult to understand. And expensive.

The essence of trading price can be found

89hBbtrm4E
06-22-2017,
The essence of trading price via bars can be found in Appendix D of (you can ignore the rest for now). The contents of this appendix are from Wyckoff's original course, and they'll tell you pretty much all you need to know about trading price.

And it's all free.

many thanks.
i don't want to be obsessed with indicators like others only to see they're not what they promised to be.so i intend to learn & master only price action.
i'm heading to Wyckoff course.if i went through this repeatedly to master,does it mean it diminishes importance of further reading in price action like Al Brooks/Lance Beggs?if not,plz suggest an actual study order of price action materials.
it seems,nowadays everyone is considering Al Brooks books as bible of price action.