PDA

View Full Version : # of BARS to look back?

AndrewSl
02-08-2017,
I've read several posts on the forum about the market analyzer. I'd like to confirm some information to make sure I understand it correctly as I'm experiencing problems with the values when compared to their corresponding chart values.

Anechkaethit
02-09-2017,
1) The Market Analyzer will ONLY display the correct values that CORRESPOND to what is displayed on your chart if you are connected to a LIVE REAL TIME DATA FEED, even though the indicator values display correctly on the chart when using EOD data only?

2) Problem - even when I am connected to a LIVE REAL TIME DATA FEED, my indicator values are NOT displaying correctly in the Market Analyzer on the HIGHER TIME FRAMES although they appear correct on the chart?
What I need to understand is the ''# of BARS to look back'' in the Market Analyzer. The default setting is 50 BARS. My indicator values in Market Analyzer are NOT displaying correctly on the 3 Month period (per bar) and 6 Month period (per bar). My indicator settings on the 3 Month period chart only require a look back period of 5 BARS. The indicator setting in the market analyzer are the same as those on the corresponding chart period.

I notice that if I set the Market Analyzer ''# of BARS to look back'' to 200 then all my indicator values display correctly in Market Analyzer 3 Month period column and 6 Month period column?

3) Question - Why does it work when I set the ''# of BARS to look back'' to 200, when the indicator only requires a look back period of 5 BARS?

4) Question - If the period is set to 3 month Bars (see attached screenshot), and the ''# of BARS to look back'' is set to 50 (default), my understanding tells me that the 50 BARS refers to 50 X 3Monthly BARS - each BAR being approximately 90 days?
Is the Market Analyzer using MONTHLY data for the calculation (50 X 3Monthly BARS), or does the Market Analyzer use DAILY data (90 days per 3Month BAR) for the calculations?

Angelaodof
02-11-2017,
1) The Market Analyzer will ONLY display the correct values that CORRESPOND to what is displayed on your chart if you are connected to a LIVE REAL TIME DATA FEED, even though the indicator values display correctly on the chart when using EOD data only?

2) Problem - even when I am connected to a LIVE REAL TIME DATA FEED, my indicator values are NOT displaying correctly in the Market Analyzer on the HIGHER TIME FRAMES although they appear correct on the chart?
What I need to understand is the ''# of BARS to look back'' in the Market Analyzer. The default setting is 50 BARS. My indicator values in Market Analyzer are NOT displaying correctly on the 3 Month period (per bar) and 6 Month period (per bar). My indicator settings on the 3 Month period chart only require a look back period of 5 BARS. The indicator setting in the market analyzer are the same as those on the corresponding chart period.

I notice that if I set the Market Analyzer ''# of BARS to look back'' to 200 then all my indicator values display correctly in Market Analyzer 3 Month period column and 6 Month period column?

3) Question - Why does it work when I set the ''# of BARS to look back'' to 200, when the indicator only requires a look back period of 5 BARS?

4) Question - If the period is set to 3 month Bars (see attached screenshot), and the ''# of BARS to look back'' is set to 50 (default), my understanding tells me that the 50 BARS refers to 50 X 3Monthly BARS - each BAR being approximately 90 days?
Is the Market Analyzer using MONTHLY data for the calculation (50 X 3Monthly BARS), or does the Market Analyzer use DAILY data (90 days per 3Month BAR) for the calculations?

Arthurdelt
02-12-2017,
Thank you for the reply, but it went right of my head. The T3 is just one indicator I use. I use 3 indicators in the Market Analyzer. They all work well on the lower time frames i.e. hours and minutes. Please could someone answer my previous questions.

asojoxoomebed
02-15-2017,
Thank you for the reply, but it went right of my head. The T3 is just one indicator I use. I use 3 indicators in the Market Analyzer. They all work well on the lower time frames i.e. hours and minutes. Please could someone answer my previous questions.