PDA

View Full Version : What I wish I would have known when I got started.

afojagipugja
02-03-2017,
wo and a half years ago I was completely new to trading. Through a family friend I became acquainted with the futures market. Seeing how much the markets move and the opportunity that it represented I felt that it would be worth a shot to try trading. I was single, graduated from college, no debt and some money saved up.

AfudDaple
02-05-2017,
wo and a half years ago I was completely new to trading. Through a family friend I became acquainted with the futures market. Seeing how much the markets move and the opportunity that it represented I felt that it would be worth a shot to try trading. I was single, graduated from college, no debt and some money saved up.

agrohimiod
02-06-2017,
Fast forward two and a half years and I am at a point in my life where I am going to have to take a break from trading as I currently am doing. I wanted to take some time to reflect on what I learned. In the process of reviewing my journals there were some things that I wish I would have known. I wish I would have been able to read a post like this when I got started. Not sure it would have changed me getting started as I really do not regret at all the two + years I have spent trying to learn trading, just that if I would have read this and followed this I believe it would have short circuited my learning curve.

I originally came from British Columbia Canada. I moved out to the Baltimore / DC area in may of 2013. Although I didn’t know when I moved to the States that I would meet someone, fall in love etc. I did feel that I should be checking in with a ‘reality check’ in a couple years to see where I was at. Once I got engaged I decided that after I was married I would need to take a cold hard look at what I am doing. That time has come.

Agrabasnumb
02-06-2017,
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

AhjthonyLed
02-07-2017,
Excellent post sir, and excellent decision making on your part!

I have stickied this thread so hopefully it's easier for more people to find.

Best of luck on the new ventures, hope to continue to see you around every now and then... Both futures.io (formerly BMT) and the market will be here when you are ready to return.

Mike