PDA

View Full Version : Your opinions on my portfolio

ipaazige
12-20-2016,
I started investing when I was a bit younger and while I have a decent start with modest gains, I really would like to supercharge my portfolio. I figured there are some pretty good opinions on this forum, and wanted to see what you folks think. I am 24 and looking for 10-15% a year, and I can handle a moderate amount of risk.

ipxzyfjo34
12-23-2016,
I sure wish I thought like you when I was 24, oh so many years ago..

iqoqugasiwigu
12-24-2016,
For someone as young as you I'd say you are quite conservative. Although I am sure you can hit your target of 10% w/that, if you want more I'd say you need to get a bit riskier. For one I say lighten the % on the S&P. The market isn't supposed to return 10% in the near future ... so matching it won't help you reach your goal. Disney is a stock I don't like. Cramer made a good point about high gas definetly hurting their business, plus Eisner is not a good leader, isn't he the highest paid CEO in the world (several years running).

isanajicozev
12-26-2016,
Thanks for all of your help.
I have been planning on buying a roth recently. Sometimes its hard to stay disciplined though with all of the good trades I see day in and day out.
Fortunately Eisner is now gone, but you are right disney has been horrible lately, along with Sony. I am starting to realize discretionaries should be used more as trades than investments. But I feel both can definitely rise again.